Meditation Experience ?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Yume_13

Meditation Experience ?

Postby Yume_13 » 05 Dec 2017 06:22

Good morning everyone!

I am still a beginner with dream memories etc so not yet close to lucid dreaming.
I read that meditation can help?

My "home" is really loud and noisy, even at night, so calming down the body or mind is extremely difficult.
Yesterday, I tried to "meditate" while listening to some....how to say...lucid dream music and I had some great visions!
I imagined being on a cliff by the ocean - a place I've once been at during a dream - and I saw the clouds moving fast in the sky, I could also see the sunset (the sun was even blending).
Though, I didn'T hear a lot of sound. Do you guys have any experience with that? Or hearing sounds/noise/voices in normal dreams??

tacocatburp

Re: Meditation Experience ?

Postby tacocatburp » 09 Dec 2017 03:29

Meditation can help lucid dreaming. If you can meditate deeply for longer periods of time, then your mind will be accustomed to being aware already in deep states of consciousness, which will help lucid dreams.

Yume_13

Re: Meditation Experience ?

Postby Yume_13 » 12 Dec 2017 06:17

thanks! I will keep on working on that then.
I also started to write soem things I "see" etc in my dream journal, hope that helps too.

I was wondering if a disability could affect that? Or lucid dreaming itself?
Im able to see 10 % in total and therefore the things I see are not as detailed etc so its hard for me to focus on certain people for example since I cant recall their features. Still, I think my eyes or rather my brain make mes omehow "see" or understand the missing parts.

Just a random thought, but would be interesting to know if that has an effect on (lucid)dreaming.^^

Return to “Off-Topic”