Sleep paralysis :S

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.

Sleep paralysis :S

Postby radicaldreamer » 11 Oct 2013 12:38

I've had waking-sleep paralysis episodes since I was in the 5th grade, and they are almost always terrifying. :?

The first one I remember well. I was sleeping on the floor of my grandmother's living room, and I was sure i was awake but I could not move. Then a blue ghost like figure that took the shape of a small statue of a nutcracker soldier (that's my best description but not exactly), was standing on my chest, holding me down. I struggled to get out of the paralysis, and then finally did, and it was gone. I ran to the kitchen and sat in the light for a while before going back to sleep.

My most recent ones have all had to do with home invasions.

In one dream, I was on my small couch, and my wife on our full sized couch. (which was really where we were sleeping). I had a feeling that someone was coming in through the front door, so I looked and sure enough there was a gloved hand coming in through a crack in the door. :o
I roll off my couch and face the door in a defensive position, but I cannot move.
I then wake up in a cold sweat, and am quite relieved that it was a dream.
I look at the door to make sure all is ok in the real world... It is not. The door is being opened! I roll off the couch again and face the door, unable to move again, and then wake.

This time I wake for real, but am still paralyzed, and terrified because I cannot turn my head to face the door. I finally get out of paralysis and fall off the couch, because rolling off like in the dream was not possible. :lol:
And all is well.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”