DREAMING ABOUT LUCID DREAMING???!?!?!?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Harpo_

DREAMING ABOUT LUCID DREAMING???!?!?!?

Postby Harpo_ » 04 May 2014 18:08

This may be a weird dream, but here it goes:

last night I was thinking ALOT about lucid dreaming and hoping to do one. In my sleep I had the oddest dream. I was at school, and for some reason we were doing a unit on lucid dreaming. (For those who don't know, a unit is like a chapter.) In order to study it, we were hooked up to a machine and we went inside a lucid dream. This is the inception-style part. Inside that lucid dream at school (Not an actual dream) I was able to dream control, summon objects etc. I woke up soon after summoning orange boxes within my dream at school. Is it still considered lucid dreaming and dream control if I am inside a lucid dream within a non lucid dream??????? :o

Wisconsinite89

Re: DREAMING ABOUT LUCID DREAMING???!?!?!?

Postby Wisconsinite89 » 05 May 2014 01:51

Dreaming about lucid dreaming is actually very common. Just as you dream about being in your favorite show, you dream about something you do or think about on a regular basis. I once had a dream where I was in my room discussing the concept of different levels (dreams within dreams) with the characters from Inception. I also have dreams where I talk to my DCs about lucid dreaming. In none of these I actually become lucid.

Your dream is very complicated but I don't think it counts as gaining lucidity since you didn't actually become consciously aware you were dreaming. It sounds like it was just a part of the dream's story.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 03:01

This wouldnt really count as a lucid dream as the other said its part of a non lucids dream story and you arent truely lucid, but it is a very good sign as this kind of thing can end up triggering a person to became truely lucid in their dream and it also may mean your subconciousness could give you little prods to help you became lucid (eg a DC could well ask you if you are dreaming or not?).

Anyway its great that what you are trying to do is infiltrating into your dreams. Best wishes in having a lucid soon.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 17 Jun 2014 21:16

This happened to me last night-I was talking to an old teacher about lucid dreaming outside in my street-then I started flying around my house to the tree in the field at the back of it. Best flight control I've had in a dream yet except I wasn't lucid! XD should have been a dead giveaway but oh well ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 21 Jun 2014 16:57

It's actually funny because just this month I had a dream where I was explaining lucid dreaming to a friend and then I started doing reality checks and suddenly I started floating above the ground.

emberfire012

Postby emberfire012 » 16 Jul 2014 03:37

Yeah that was a non lucid dream sorry but yeah, once I had a dream in which I yelled at a DC because I was trying to attempt WILD it was pretty funny though.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2014 07:51

I sometimes get false awakenings and get annoyed when others enter my room. "Shut up!", I tell them, "I'm trying to lucid dream here!" I'm in a bed and trying to drown out all those people talking.

Stupid me. I was already dreaming and don't realize until after I wake up!

It happens more often that you think, and I bet I'll still get those even 10 years from now. It comes with the territory.

Not to mention countless dreams of me talking about lucid dreaming to people in a non-lucid dream. That happens too.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 16 Jul 2014 18:38

I thought it was funny. I am having a good shopping dream. Wanting to drive home, but as in most dreams my car was not to be found. I thought: Yes it is all right in my dreams, but now? :)

LucidLover140

Postby LucidLover140 » 08 Oct 2014 09:14

i had also a dream the other night about lucid dreaming and wow i'm dumb :P at the moment where i did a reality check my hand went through the wall and i just though it was a hallucination because i had not slept in a while so i walked off wtf is wrong with me (like jonsnowld a dead giveaway and i did not even think about it)
I only just thought about it now :D

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”