Can dreams predict the future?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
emberfire012

Can dreams predict the future?

Postby emberfire012 » 16 May 2014 21:56

Okay so this isn't about my dreams it's about my friend's dream, when she was 4 years old, she remembers having a dream about meeting a girl that was telling her jokes and comforting her, and many years later, she noticed that I was the girl, and when I asked her for a description of the girl, she described a 4 year old me spot on. Can these type of dreams predict the future? Because I know that dream characters are made of random people's faces mixed together, and she has never seen me in her life until about a year ago.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Goldkoron

Re: Can dreams predict the future?

Postby Goldkoron » 17 May 2014 00:32

It can just as easily be false memory, if someone wants that dream character to have been you, their memory may deceit them. Dream memory is already fuzzy enough. I believe dreams can have some connection to the paranormal though, as there is a lot stories that surround them. The short answer is, I don't know, I do not think anybody knows for sure.
Do a reality check

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 17 May 2014 14:03

Time is irrelevant in the dream world- past, present, future: it's all connected, it's all the same. Chaos. And I think in that pool of timelessness, we can experience things that haven't occurred in our waking timeline yet. So, yeah, we can be clairvoyant in our dreams, in a sense.

Such&Such

Postby Such&Such » 19 May 2014 23:56

I've had a few dreams before that had eerie coincidences with my waking life. For example, in a dream I was talking to someone who I hardly knew and the next day I was talking to them. That might sound stupid but it wasn't until after I talked to them that I realized I had dreamt about talking to them the night before. I've had a few other times where some uncommon object or someone I don't see often appears in a dream and I later see it/them. Whether it's all coincidence or connected, I obviously have no idea.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 02:55

Ive had several experiences/dreams in which I saw the future but it was in a dream like way intermiggled with the dream eg talking about a future event to a DC and at the same time seeing the event like separately to the dream. So yeah I do believe in that kind of thing.

As far as your friends experience thou.. I'd have to wonder how well would of 4 year old remember a DC a few years later from a dream? and why would someone simply remember talking to a certain DC years later .. people talk to DCs all the time in their dreams.. it would of had to have been a very special reason for a person to remember that one dream! Descriptions of people, one can give a description and it will match lots of people. I'd have my doubts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

QueenNoir

Postby QueenNoir » 19 Aug 2014 23:11

This is always a question that I've had myself. I do believe that it could be possible though. I've had dreams that have been almost warnings of things that may happen, and I've had a few of them come true. It never happens the way it did in my dream, but the context is almost always spot on. It's really weird to think that our dreams predict certain things that actually end up happening, but I feel like it's somehow true. More research should be done on this topic!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Aug 2014 02:05

No.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 20 Aug 2014 02:33

Last edited by nesgirl on 06 Aug 2015 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Aug 2014 02:36

Dreams can predict the future as much as you can guess what the future holds based on what's happened so far insofar as you're aware.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nawick

Postby nawick » 20 Aug 2014 18:06

Of course dreams can predict the future. This fact has been documented repeatedly since the advent of writing things down.

What is really annoying when you precognitate and then realize "Hey, I dreamed this!"
is that you try to change the sequence and you cant.
Like conversations. You want to modify the dialog from what you dreamed, but it comes out exactly how you dreamed it.

Not that it really matters since (speaking for own experiences) the dreams were always trivialities and never dealt with important issues. They were just snippets of unimportant situations to come.

But dreams of the future probably dont happen to everyone. Or they happen and people rationalize them away as coincidences.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”