Video Games can help you control your dreams.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
DesertExplorer

Video Games can help you control your dreams.

Postby DesertExplorer » 17 Dec 2014 14:09

I decided to write this here, as it has nothing to do with LD.

So, I, recently, read somewhere that a research about games and dreams was at the works. It describes how gamers can have some more control over their dreams. I think that any person have experienced it anyway, but not every night! This determines every turn of your dream, except of course the beginning, as it's not a lucid one.

Well, this was something regular for me (I could manipulate my dreams world easily. If something wasn't nice for me, I could change it. Just like fixing bugs.. :D ) until I read about the test and I finally understood the reason it was happening!!

Have you experienced it yourselves, too? You know, for example, a nightmare that turned into a bloodbath with you the winner!?? :mrgreen: :lol:
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Guitar48300

Re: Video Games can help you control your dreams.

Postby Guitar48300 » 17 Dec 2014 22:09

Not nightmares but regular dreams. Anyone who wants to cause trouble in my dreams is a fool.
Video games are a major reason why I lucid dream. I like to use weapons from video games, powers, as well as perform stunts I've seen in games, or even make up my own. It's loads of fun. I don't even have to be lucid to experience these action-packed dreams.

There's even some DC's I've clashed with who I want to have a boss battle with when I meet them again in a lucid dream because they got away.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 21 Jan 2015 21:04

Hahahaha.. !! Yeah, it's really great. The most of the times I have the ability to correct something in my dream that I don't like. Like when I hit someone I could "rewind" the dream and it was like I didn't actually did it.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

marie11

Postby marie11 » 26 Jan 2015 17:08

Never know that something can help control a dream. I tried to control my dream but I realized that I was trying to imagine what I wanted, not dreaming.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 27 Jan 2015 01:07

Here is an interesting article which includes discussion about similarities in enhanced perceptual, spatial, and focused attention abilities experienced by video gamers, lucid dreamers, and in some ways, meditators. Regarding the early days of gaming consoles, the author gives a hilarious description of how her 8 year old son reacted to his new Nintendo game console, as he and his mom were driving home from the store.

- Article - "Dream Speak - An Interview With Jayne Gackenbach, PhD" - with Robert Waggoner - dreaminglucid.com
(ctrl +) to enlarge text (Windows OS)

- Note - Website - "Lucid Dream Exchange" is transitioning to "Lucid Dreaming Experience". For good access to prior articles and interviews, search -
- "Past LDE Articles - dreaminglucid.com

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 02:53

Guitar48300 wrote:Anyone who wants to cause trouble in my dreams is a fool.

I know how you feel. I took on Darth Vader and Darth Maul at the same time and won 8-) (with some help though :) )!
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”