What is wrong with me?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Martina

What is wrong with me?

Postby Martina » 30 Jan 2015 16:37

Hi! :) I'm 16 year old girl and I really love dreaming. Doesn't matter if lucid or not. Most of my non-lucid dreams are about people who are trying to catch me and kill me, so I have to run and hide or kill those people. But my problem is that I LOVE these dreams. I feel so alive and independent and I can feel that adrenaline flowing through my veins... Simply speaking, the dreams that other people call nightmares, I call "my best dreams" :D Is this normal??

taniaaust1

Re: What is wrong with me?

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Jan 2015 14:35

there is nothing weird about whatever we dream as we can dream about ANYTHING.

Your dreams are not nightmares if you enjoy them. Its just the symbolism of your dream bringing in the emotion in them, that you are enjoying this situation. We can dream about enjoying any situation in a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 01 Feb 2015 02:03

Martina, I think it's very good that you've learned to fight back against dream attackers, and that you often feel energized by your power when defending yourself.

At some point, you could ask the attackers, "Why are you chasing me? What do they want?" If you can establish communication, sometimes dream opponents become helpful friends.

However, if some attackers represent actually dangerous people or circumstances in your daily life, perhaps you could ask the dreaming awareness to send you dreams which suggest ways you might better deal with these challenges.

I recommend 2 good articles about working with nightmares. --

- "Nightmares And What To do About Them" by Patricia Garfield - creativedreaming.org

- "Getting Rid Of Those Repeating Nightmares: A Simple, Potent New Recipe" by Belleruth Naparstek - huffingtonpost.com

- Also, the book -"Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield - describes many innovative ways to work with dreams. This book has been very popular for decades.

- Search - "The Lucid Dream Exchange - Articles" - dreaminglucid.com
This website has many informative articles and interviews about a wide variety of lucid dreaming topics. (Note - Lucid Dream Exchange is transitioning to website Lucid Dreaming Experience.)

Best Wishes - jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Feb 2015 08:22

If I understood her post right they are non lucids she's loving in which she's being attacked.. so that would show I'd think she's in control of a bad situation(s) in her life (not necessarily thou all that bad to her), she may even enjoy in real life the contraversy or whatever issue she's having and the challenge of it.

It could represent something like standing her ground with her parents or choosing to do what she likes even if they arent approving at all and she's getting into trouble or they arent at all happy with her. A situation which makes her feel independant and alive (the words she used).

The symbolism would describe a typical teenage situation well.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Martina

Postby Martina » 01 Feb 2015 20:00

Thank you for you replies :) And thanks for help taniaaust1. Sometimes I consider my life as quite boring mostly because of my parents. They are so worried about me and they don't let me do the things I want to or go to places I want to. For example, I can't be out when it's getting dark.

Or they didn't want to let me go to the forest when I was 12. But I kept going there with my friend and we built a tree house only with the things we found in the forest and rope :D I've always been kind of adventurous person ;)

So do you think that this could lead to my action dreams?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Mar 2015 03:02

Some dreams are very thrilling, and make you feel alive. I had one in the past week were I had to fend off three home invaders who had kidnapped my brother. I didn't win, and in fact, they shot me.

It wasn't a nightmare though.

It depends on your definition and whether you have ever truly felt fear like never before, and that is my benchmark now on how I define a 'nightmare'. If you've ever had a truly terrifying nightmare, everything else is a piece of cake. It can even be fun in an odd way. You wake up as if you had just lived more than anyone else who is just getting up, to live another one of their monotonous days.

Dreaming can be considered an extreme sport for adrenaline junkies! 8-)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 23 Mar 2015 02:45

I also like having dreams (lucid or not) where I am being chased or have to fight back. I don't know why but, I love fighting in dreams especially if the fight includes magic or some other fictional force/item.
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

The Cusp

Postby The Cusp » 23 Mar 2015 14:28

Martina? How long have you been lucid dreaming?

Seems to be fairly common that after you've been lucid dreaming for awhile, dreams that used to be scary suddenly become fun. I haven't had a nightmare in years. I still have nightmarish content, but like you say, it's FUN!

johnmayson

Postby johnmayson » 26 Mar 2015 03:17

I have had several dreams lately where Taylor Swift is trying to kill me. She's very calm and collected and behaving in a non-threatening way, but she's singing, usually something like this...

I'm gonna hack-hack-hack-hack
You to death-death-death-death
And you'll be in pain-pain-pain-pain

I certainly don't enjoy these. :cry:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Mar 2015 15:55

Inane pop music is killing the musical arts, and my soul too.
That must have been a horrific nightmare having to listen to that. :mrgreen:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”