The Cave Hags

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Summerlander

The Cave Hags

Postby Summerlander » 24 Mar 2017 10:42

'Path anon, path anon ...
Come to pappy yon ...
Path anon, path anon ...
Come to pappy yon ...'

The voices chant in unison as a creepy potholing crowd emerges from a geological gap behind me. I'm terrified! Ahead of me, led by a spooked pedagogue, a screaming class of little nippers skitter to the bright light at the end of the cave mouth. Me and the kids had initially believed that the strange team of potholers in the darkness were just playful students with special needs.

They had been bopeeping and cackling to a bemused group of small fries until the course of events took a supernatural turn; the creepers could teleport short distances and, as they moved towards the light, their pointy ears and probosces were exposed. A hag-like creature clasps my shank---I'm a goner!

I had been riding a motorcycle, racing down a bumpy lane.

As I go at breakneck speed, a drove of galloping horses looms on the horizon on a collision course. The torque on this thing is amazing! As I swerve at the last minute, I do a wheelie facing the animals and a voice intructs me to 'salute' them---at which point my vehicle transmutes into a majestic blue stallion before subsequently returning to its original form.

Back to breakneck speed! This is dangerous. I don't remember crashing but somehow I ended up in this godforsaken cave.

What are they saying? Parthenon? No. Path anon ... Like a curse making sure that the ground we cover away from them will not matter as they will inevitably get us. I'm in bed, paralysed. I still hear cackling. It's fading.

I'm awake.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Petal

Re: The Cave Hags

Postby Petal » 27 Mar 2017 22:31

Oh dear, poor Summerlander, you have hurtled to the end of the road (not unlike Laurence of Arabia, I note, or maybe your all Zenned out with the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) and found no grand temple or posse of gods and goddesses...Just a class of kids, gothic explorers pocking around in dark old holes, nothing more... and you don't like or are afraid of the teacher. Something or an idea of something has died and gone to Hades. Even the hag doesn't reach for your most precious. As someone who feels she is approaching haggery (prematurely), I'm truly not surprised. Hags get more meticulous with what they wise to touch with each passing day. I don't understand the hags motivation. Frankly, where and why would she take you? Death is nothing to you. You have written, that much. Of course, this is not meant personally. We web browsers can only know what you choose to disclose. Maybe your shank is unusually and sinuously attractive?... that has not be fully comprehended...yet... I like being creepy, others have admitted as much too.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Mar 2017 12:04

Brilliant interpretation and quite accurate! I have been reading a book about mindfulness by Ed Halliwell and the dream seems to reflect my realisation that the journey with meditation has been precarious but useful in some aspects---there were moments of freedom and glory along that lane.

But I knew there was no optimal enlightenment at the end of the road; there is just more dark corners in the cave of my mind to explore, sort out and maintain. But the dream lets me know that I've been avoiding unpleasant experiences when I should really be embracing all percepts. The hags were a part of me. I was heading towards the light which represented the world as it truly is (away from conceptual bias) and I was in fact in my mental version of Plato's Cave.

I distrust teachers and I think that they can apply unnecessary pressure, but at the same time I acknowledge that they have the potential to egg one on towards the 'light'.

Death is nothing so there is nothing to fear but the cessation of the journey itself. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Petal

Postby Petal » 30 Mar 2017 15:34

Ahh! It's a dream about ending a book. It makes sense now. I get like that about books sometimes, or a least I used to. Currently, I don't seem to have the patience to finish any. I think I have over booked myself, ether that or I have been reading too many trashy ones. Its always been the other way round with me and teachers. I have a habit of asking awkward questions and they loose patience with my foibles or foilballs as I like to call them. Very few comprehend that I frustrate myself much more than I do other people. Really good teachers are very rare.
I'd like to argue with you about death but I think it would be very stupid to try. I like the idea of playing forever in my dreamscape but I do think we need a warm physical hoist to sustain our collection of thoughts that we call the self. Painful, if you ask me. I've put a lot of effort into educating myself and being able to function adequately in this society I was born into. I don't like the idea of any kind of reincarnation as it means I would have to start over again. I'm hoping in the future we can download fundamental self programming into a dioprinted clone preferably one I have modified the design of. I like Ann Rices book Tales of a Body Thief because the vampire use astral projection to take over other people bodies, but of course I know thats all fantasy...and there would be a few tricky moral implications
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 23:11

Maybe we will achieve a physically-based kind of immortality through technology. Who knows. I have no hopes for the afterlife unless someone out there proves it's real against all the neuroscience that suggests otherwise.

I share some of your feelings in regards to finishing writing books. It depends in what mood I'm in, really. My dream could be about many things playing in my subconscious. I can't be sure myself. I'm still getting to know me. My mind can be my worst enemy as well as my best friend. :D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”