false OBE

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
starsofclay

false OBE

Postby starsofclay » 14 Apr 2017 16:04

The other night/morning, I had a series of false awakenings, which led to what I can only describe as a false OBE. This is what happened...

One after another, the false awakenings happened, but I was semi-paralyzed. I dreamed that my partner was trying to grab me and turn me over/talk to me/show me something on the computer, ect. With each awakening it was different, but in each one, I was paralyzed or it was extremely hard to turn over like he wanted. It seems that they only lasted maybe 10 seconds each, and as it went on, I guess I became more and more aware of what was happening. During the last few, I started to feel very heavy vibrations, and then the second to the last, the bed started shaking so violently, I think that's when it clicked. I remembered what I had read one time that the bed shaking was a form of vibrations and that I could be very near an exit (OBE). One thing that I should add is that I was able to speak, although it wasn't easy, so that's why I know these were false awakenings and not sleep paralysis with hallucinations. So on the last awakening, as my partner was trying to get my attention again, the bed was shaking so hard I was surprised we weren't thrown out of it, I mustered up all my energy and asked him to pull me out of my body. He agreed, and next thing I know, I'm moving sideways towards him and it felt like i was ripped out of my body, and then I start floating. I was so excited. I was absolutely certain that I had finally achieved an OBE/Astral Projection. I have wanted to do this for 10 years now with no success. I floated over to my side of the bed, checked to see if my body was still laying there, and sure enough it was! I held my excitement, knowing that it could wake me up, and started rubbing my hands together as I flew towards the bedroom wall eager to see what I would be able to achieve out in the world during my first OBE.

Unfortunately, I then fell into a storyline that involved going to spy on my neighbors, who in real life don't even exist as they did in my dream. I live in a neighborhood with mostly seniors, but in my dream I was spying on a young couple, and the house didn't even look as it really should. Basically I spent the rest of my "OBE" following an absurd storyline where I guess I lost all lucidity, but it was kind of fun romping around town as an invisible person, which normally doesn't happen in my regular dreams. What really annoys me is that the moment I "left my body" and fell into the absurd storyline, I completely believed everything that was happening was just as it should be. Which means I had very little lucidity at all.

This has happened to me before, about 5 years ago, I had several false OBE's when I was trying to have a real one, and I guess now it is starting up again. Has this happened to anyone else?

lucidé

Re: false OBE

Postby lucidé » 14 Apr 2017 23:12

One thing I would recommend if you manage to pull off a conscious dream and this happens again, is remembering this before entry: "flying" and "invisibility" are not real. If you perform a reality check at any time during your dream (which I strongly recommend you try to do at any time), and are using either of those 2 abilities, then try to think to yourself, "Wait a second, flying and invisibility aren't real, so this cannot be real! I must be in a dream!"
While I don't have non-lucid dreams like that, I have induced WILDs somewhat similar to that before (except I intentionally control my dream body), although it is usually way too obvious I am dreaming usually due to the strong reality checks (flying and invisibility aren't real). Unlike you, I don't really see false neighborhoods in those lucid dreams I have. The neighborhood and downtown I see are accurate to what I would normally see in real life. Sometimes I even end up...dream spying. The goal is to not be fooled, no matter how realistic the dream appears to be.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

starsofclay

Re: false OBE

Postby starsofclay » 28 Apr 2017 18:56

Two nights ago, I had another false OBE, after waking up in the middle of the night and laying there for two hours not being able to go back to sleep. Finally, I got up and took a benadryl, and laid back down with the covers pulled over my head. While drifting off, I got the vibrations and then noticed that I was spinning... a much different feeling than the bed shaking in my first post. It felt like my consciousness turning over in the bed, over and over very rapidly, until I was finally thrown onto my bedroom floor. Once again, the environment did not match my true bedroom, but I suppose since this is probably related more to a lucid dream, it could really look like anything huh? I got up and checked if my body was still laying in bed, and there it was, with the covers pulled over my head. I wanted to pull the covers down and see my face, but I felt my dream slipping so I decided to go ahead and leave the house. Through my front door I went, and once again, my neighborhood looked very different, and this time it was light outside.

The houses were much closer together, and instead of a cul-de-sac, there was more of a community awning type thing overhead that separated the houses, and just one big yard. I went to the house directly across from mine, where a lady urged me to follow her inside. I asked where I was, knowing that I had not stepped out of house into my normal neighborhood, which is an improvement over my last False OBE in which I was clueless that the environment was different. The lady did not answer, but I followed her inside and through a couple rooms. She stopped me in a room full of office type workers, and told me that someone would like to speak to me. She sat me down at a desk and a man came up and sat down in front of me. Unfortunately, this is where I woke up.

lucide- That is good advice. In this new dream, I actually did a flying test, but honestly I already knew I was dreaming... I guess my problem at this point is gaining full lucidity so that I can access all of my waking memories. But it seems that I was more lucid in this one than the last.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”