Dream.. While you are awake.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Dark wolf

Dream.. While you are awake.

Postby Dark wolf » 11 Mar 2013 13:23

Hello,

Since like 7 days i quited a little bit lucid dreaming and went back to normal dreaming for a small time.

This night i woke up at 3 AM and had problems falling back in sleep .. Suddenly a dream sprouted out and i was right looking min my dream but i felt i was lying in my bed. I heard my cat breathing in my ear. I was practically lucid. i knew this was a dream but i wasnt lucid too becouse i wasn't dreaming at all... But i tried to keep the dream and don't get awake.

Everytime when i wasn't focussing on the dream and was thinking about something else the dream was fading away. I tried not to think or move. Just focus on the dream hoping i fall asleep or even get into a WILD situation. But i kept dreaming. i was still awake. After like 20-30 minutes i got sick of it and opened my eyes and sat. I still heard voices in my heard and saw a dream figure in front of me fading away. I lied down again and closed my eyes. i felt directly insleep and was sleeping normally.
Life is a gift, Not a right.

torakrubik

Re: Dream.. While you are awake.

Postby torakrubik » 11 Mar 2013 22:47

It sounds like you were experiencing sleep paralysis. This may also account for the long length of time spent in this state - perhaps the state itself skewed your sense of time.
Dreaming is my drug

R99

Postby R99 » 12 Mar 2013 08:19

Dark wolf wrote:Hello,

Since like 7 days i quited a little bit lucid dreaming and went back to normal dreaming for a small time.

This night i woke up at 3 AM and had problems falling back in sleep .. Suddenly a dream sprouted out and i was right looking min my dream but i felt i was lying in my bed. I heard my cat breathing in my ear. I was practically lucid. i knew this was a dream but i wasnt lucid too becouse i wasn't dreaming at all... But i tried to keep the dream and don't get awake.

Everytime when i wasn't focussing on the dream and was thinking about something else the dream was fading away. I tried not to think or move. Just focus on the dream hoping i fall asleep or even get into a WILD situation. But i kept dreaming. i was still awake. After like 20-30 minutes i got sick of it and opened my eyes and sat. I still heard voices in my heard and saw a dream figure in front of me fading away. I lied down again and closed my eyes. i felt directly insleep and was sleeping normally.

i know its personal, but wat do u see in ur dream. if u dont have problem plz share.
I see the Truth now.

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 12 Mar 2013 09:16

torakrubik wrote:It sounds like you were experiencing sleep paralysis. This may also account for the long length of time spent in this state - perhaps the state itself skewed your sense of time.

Is sleep paralysis too when you feel your body and still can move it if you want? I ment it only was if you can't move :-P
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 08:35

. i knew this was a dream but i wasnt lucid too becouse i wasn't dreaming at all...

Im confused by your post. Do you mean you were seeing images around you but you werent in the dream? or do you mean that you were experiencing a dream but the part of you in it wasnt lucid??

It doesnt sound as if you had sleep paralyses as you moved okay when you went to and didnt find yourself unable to do so. It is possible to be seeing images around one and hearing things while still in ones body without having the sleep paralyses happening.

You tried not to move.. that may of been the issue. You maybe should of tried to interact with the images you were seeing.. eg think of reaching out and touching something you saw or think of moving towards it and imagine you doing so in the first person sense of things (not imagining yourself watching yourself do so).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”