The captain has controll? Need advice

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
LucidLink

The captain has controll? Need advice

Postby LucidLink » 11 Apr 2013 14:15

So last night, I had a very strange non-lucid dream. Or I suppose it was slightly lucid, but I've never had an experience like this before. I was with one of my two best friends I see every day, and I consider both these friends more then friends, their my brothers. I was with the younger of the two, and I have no idea where we where. All I remember is that it seemed very strange, and I realized it was a dream. Now normally when I do this, I become lucid seemlessly, but this time was not like that. It was almost like when I realized I was dreaming, I still couldn't do anything. I couldn't move or controll anything. When I began to question this, my friend/brother looked at me and told me "The captain has controll!" When he said this, I wondered what that meant, and then almost as to answer the question, my view turned to pirate captain! He looked scary and strong and very commanding. ( as a pirate captain should! Haha!) and then I woke up. I don't remember much else of the dream. Not sure what to make of it, but I had another normal lucid dream with no problems after that dream in the same night. So the issue was just with that specific dream, and I'm not sure why or even what it means!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Re: The captain has controll? Need advice

Postby Je-Je » 11 Apr 2013 17:42

Maybe you were to tire to wake up in the dream. Or maybe after you have do your reality check, you dont said; ''hey if i was dreaming at the moment, what i will do''.

Maybe you only said ''am i dreaming'' (u do a RC) ''no im not dreaming'', so this is why in your dream when you will do your RC, you will cant do nothing next.

You must said; ''am i dreaming'' (do a RC) ''no im not dreaming'' (then) ''if it was a dream at the moment, what i will do''. Then you imagine.

Hope it help.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 11 Apr 2013 23:45

Perhaps this was one in which it was wise you had no control. Interesting, especially given MY non-lucid dream last night. I'm posting it so check it out and see how it correlates to this. Hmmm.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Apr 2013 02:25

I'd call that a lucid dream as you knew you were dreaming. I know many have lucids they cant control themselves well in.

Seems you sabortaged your own LD for some reason.. maybe there was a need for you to understand who that pirate captain was... it was YOURSELF. You are the "captain" of your own LDs, I think it appeared as a pirate as that part of yourself (subconscious) was working against your waking self.

If you had had that realization in the dream that you yourself are the captain.. you probably then would of been able to then control the dream from that point and overcome the subconscious block you'd set up.. as lack of realisation you were the captain.. seems to have kept the control of your dream in the hands of your own subconsciousness.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”