This has got to be the strangest yet....

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
dreamworld777

This has got to be the strangest yet....

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Apr 2013 00:44

The dream.....

I am in a house,not my house in real life.I'm standing in a doorway that leads to another room.A black hooded figure..looked like a grim reaper steps in front of me.No face just a gray or black mist that I can see inside the hood...I do not feel at all scared but somehow feel that I should scream..so I do scream,a loud scream.This surprised me because usually in dreams if I try to scream,no sound ever comes out....he passes by me and walks into a bedroom where my mother is lying on this bed asleep,sleeping on her side.I am thinking in my mind "is he gonna take my mother or kill her or something??"....so I begin to do things to wake her up.I start jumping up and down and shouting so loudly.This whole time this reaper thing is standing by the bedside above my mother.She then wakes up and says,without opening her eyes at all.."Why did you wake me,I was getting married in a dream..." I say to her "Mom,you should run in the opposite direction not get married..." and I woke up.

A few things seemed so out of the ordinary to me in this dream...
1.) My mother who is 73 in real life looked to be maybe late 30s or 40 in this dream...
2.) When I screamed in the dream,I was able to.I even thought to myself in the dream how strange this was because usually in a dream I am unable to scream...so clearly I knew I was dreaming,yet never became lucid at all...
3.) I felt no fear towards this black hooded figure.I felt absolutely nothing.Even when I saw it at my moms bedside,I still had no feeling of fear at all.I cannot remember any feeling of any kind at all other than thinking that I should wake my mother up......

So what do you think...any thoughts on this dream...I'm at a total loss for ideas on this one...it was by far stranger than most of my dreams. :?: :?:

LucidLink

Re: This has got to be the strangest yet....

Postby LucidLink » 14 Apr 2013 01:46

This is a powerful dream.
Many dreamers often find they dream of people they know in their prime, which is why you dreamt of your mom as 30 instead of her actual much older age. The fact that you could scream, and where surprised you could scream shows you where lucid. However there are varying forms of lucidity, and yourse being the unlucid lucid. I've experiences it myself, it's odd. But it just goes to show this was no average dream, you where meant to be lucid. But you where not meant to be lucid enough where you could ignore the whole dream and fly away, no you needed to be lucid enough to experience it but not lucid enough to make it a lucid dream. Why? Because this dream has a deep meaning, I feel it may even be a sign for the future. A sign of what? That's hard to say. It clearly has to do with your mom and this hooded figure. I suggest you look within yourself to figure out the meaning of the hooded figure, and then you will know what is going on with your mom.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Apr 2013 05:45

Im a bit at loss of what your dream there could mean. I know you say it wasnt your real life house you were in but was it "your own" dream house you were in? or a dream house you didnt live in at all in the dream? (when Im in dreams I often find myself in "my" own house but it isnt like my real life house).

I wonder if you have any concerns over your mother? if you have been warning or wanting to warn her about anything? seeing you were trying to do so in this dream (or of cause your mother may of been representing the wiser parts of yourself but if so it would be interesting that your older parts are being protected by the younger so those symbolics just dont seem right at all).

other then wondering if its indicating you have concerns over your mother.. I cant work out the symbolics of this one.

This seems to be a dream in which you are dreaming you are dreaming. Thou some may say that is lucid dreaming, it isnt really the waking consciousness at all becomin aware (lucid) and is still coming entirely from the subconsciousness, so I wouldnt call this kind of dream lucid.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Apr 2013 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Apr 2013 17:55

Tania,I definitely wasn't lucid at all even though I had certain thoughts about the screaming and all.
Some things you said did connect though...I have been trying so hard to work with my mother on some things.See,she retired about 8 months ago.Before she retired,my mom was a hard working energetic lady who was always on the go.She had a heart attack which was the main reason for her retiring.She recovered completely,very well actually.But the thing is that my mom always viewed retirement as the next step as just "waiting to die with no more purpose in life"....yes,a dreadful way to see a life event which simply means you are done working...but she never saw it that way and as soon as she retired,she just became so inactive and won't do anything to occupy herself and enjoy this time now.
I have tried to show her that this is just another chapter in life..a relaxing time,a reflecting time where one is no longer so busy and overworked anymore...she just won't see it that way though.It really is hard for me to see this all happening with her.She has began falling all the time now and has worked up a fear of falling now and will not go anywhere on her own anymore,so if I do not take her everywhere,she will go no where.It's very hard trying to maintain my own household and keep her occupied and happy at the same time.My mom lives alone and has isolated herself from friends as well...I'm just at wits end because she is healthy and full of life but she's letting it all slip away right before my eyes...it's very sad and I really don't know how to handle it anymore.Her friends were always younger than her and she is the only one retired so I feel that she is suffering alot of embarrassment in her own mind because now she feels set apart from the rest....something that only she can resolve within her but she doesn't seem to want to anymore....I feel that all my efforts to set her on the right track now have just caused a wedge between our relationship and she is beginning to resent anything that I try to say to her about the whole situation..never what I intended to happen. :(

I can see how your interpretation would easily fit into this situation.I just wonder what this hooded figure represents though...I just can't seem to get it.
This house I was in was not my house and I don't recall this house from any other dream.The only one thing I can say is that it seemed that the bed that she was laying on was the bed that I have in real life.I have a platform bed and this bed seemed to be exactly like mine...but it wasn't my bedroom though...nor was it her bedroom.
The response above yours said to look within to find the meaning of the hooded figure but I really don't know...I was thinking that maybe somewhere within my mind I am 'giving up' on the situation in a way and maybe this figure represented the end of her life..you know,what I feel will eventually happen if she doesn't start 'living'...but because I do not want that to happen in reality,I chose to wake her up and save her from it.....I don't know,that is really all I could come up with.I just can't grasp this one.Does that sound too far fetched or even a bit logical??

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Apr 2013 09:45

and maybe this figure represented the end of her life..you know,what I feel will eventually happen if she doesn't start 'living'...but because I do not want that to happen in reality,I chose to wake her up and save her from it.....

Maybe the figure did represent your thoughts on all that.

From what you said about your mother, have you seriously considered at all that she may be depressed?, from your post and what you said about her, it sounds as if she may be. If she is, no matter how hard you try to get her to do other things eg go and see her friends etc, she may not as depression is a chemical disorder in the brain which needs proper treatment to fix. Big life changes in which a person feels are negative can cause like a situational depression which then can lead onto true depression.

If she is scared of falling and that is stopping her from doing things, there are some small scooters about in which one can actually put into the boot of a car. Scooters allow elderly people to be far more independant and are often used by those who fear a fall.. or she may need a walking frame for balance ("Independant Living Centres" usually have a wide range of things to help people live independantly better and all kinds of aids.. so you could try looking that up). I strongly suggest you try to see her doctor about things and get some advice on what you could do or what could be arranged for your mum, as right now it sounds as you mother is needing to have some things sorted out eg counselling if needed, anti-depressants if needed.. aids for balance or walking etc. You are fighting a loosing battle if she is cutting herself away from people etc due to untreated depression.

I think the things you have shared about the situation of your mother.. explains your dream quite well. Her wanting to get married part.. marriage is union with something.. so if you percieve her as just wanting to die.. which would be a "union" with death.. that would make sense too. Then then also makes complete sense of your reply to her saying she wanted to marry where you then reply back
I say to her "Mom,you should run in the opposite direction not get married...
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 15 Apr 2013 14:35

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond Tania.I will definitely look into all that you suggested.Sorry my post was so long by the way.I think you have some great points and suggestions.Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!! :D Sometimes we look past the obvious when it concerns people that we care about and it takes someone else to point out these things that we overlook.I love this forum!! :lol:

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”