Do DCs have day jobs when they aren't in dreams?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
lucidinthe sky

Do DCs have day jobs when they aren't in dreams?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 May 2013 19:02

It was unplanned, but I actually had the state of mind in a lucid dream to ask a dream character this question and got a surprising and very detailed answer. The response was very unlike the typical zombie dream character, very much like talking to a real person in waking life. I posted the details in the "Share Your Lucid Dreams" section if you want to read it.

Has anyone else asked this or have any thoughts on it?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Re: Do DCs have day jobs when they aren't in dreams?

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jun 2013 02:09

As I dont believe DCs are any more then a figment of the mind I'd have to say no to that question.

Whatever answers they give you is your own subconsciousness (or some call it unconsciousness) giving you symbolic messages about your own life etc and if you can work out what those messages mean, they can help a person understand their own life better.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Jun 2013 07:32

Yes, of course you are right that they are just parts of ourselves and I know they are not "real" people, but in lucid dreams they seem real enough so I try to go along with and treat them as if they are real just to see where it goes and what I can learn. It doesn't even take much effort since they look, sound real (have even touched their skin) seen them bleed, gone for rides in their cars, ate with them, hugged them, kissed them, you name it.

So my idea here is just to explore the DCs further to see what they say about themselves and of course this gives you more insight to those parts of yourself that they represent.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 01 Jun 2013 16:34

Wow, seems like a really cool thought! i see what your saying. Since DCs are simply reflections of our subconcious, i would really wonder what there lifes are like aside from the dream. If you have a DC, they must be thought up with a lifestory, job, ect. Unless they are the zombie kind.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Return to “Dream Characters”