An arrogant Dream Guide

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Highlander

An arrogant Dream Guide

Postby Highlander » 10 Aug 2013 23:05

Today I used the B-MILD technique to concentrate on calling a Dream Guide to talk. After 4 non-lucid dreams, the 5th one i gained lucidity. It was an interesting experience. Here's what happened:

It's daytime. I'm in a street and i gain lucidity. So I start to walk and say out loud:
-"I want to talk to a Dream Guide."
On the street there's no one. I continue to ask for a Dream Guide. I'm being pulled by a force. I do not give resistance. I decide to see where the dream takes me. I walk into an alley where in the background there's some stairs with several people going up and down. Seems like a workplace. Sitting in the middle of the stairs is a middle age man looking at me, arrogant and unfriendly. He has two people next to him, one on each side. It looks like some mobster.
Me-"Are you the Dream Guide?"
Guide-"What do you want?"
Me-"Can I ask you some questions?"
Guide-"I do not usually do these things. I've got other things to do. I'll just say you one thing. If you want to play the piano, get one."
The people aroud start to laugh. I'm disappointed and upset by his attitude.
Me-"It is important for a person to ask for advice. To get to where you are now, you had to ask questions to people, no? You had to learn. So, what's the point of having schools?"
At this point i go up the stairs and enter in their office. There are more people there. They are younger, cheerful. They seem to be kinda interns, trainees or apprentices because they are taking notes and talking among each other.
Guide-"So, you want to ask questions and you want me to answer ... Why? What do we gain by that?"
Me-"Maybe these people would learn something."
They all start talking at the same time. It seems they're discussing issues about dreams, how they work, what they are, etc.
Woman-"... and then when the sex starts, we wake up."
Everyone laughs.
Guide-"Is it? Then and what you have to do if you want to end a dream?"
Woman-"You just start to seduce someone."
Everyone laughs. He looks back to the women who are with him, with a seductive look.
Women-"?? ... Oh noooo... hahahaha... Not me... That's sick... Get out..."
They stay away from him, laughing. Then he looks at me. He is next to me. He joins his lips and asks me for a kiss.
Me-"Hey. No way, man. Are you crazy? Go away!"
He leans on me, and when he's going to kiss me, i wake up.
I guess the woman was right. In these situations, we wake up. And in this case, i wanted to.

Things i learned from this experience:
-I have had conversations with dream entities or guides and they were all friendly and calm. This guy was very arrogant.
-Again, I tried the B-MILD technique that is allowing me to have many lucid dreams with the theme that I want.
-When a force pulls me to somewhere, even against my will, i do not resist. The dream wants me in some place for some reason. It is better to let the dream take me and see where this goes.

HAGART

Re: An arrogant Dream Guide

Postby HAGART » 13 Aug 2013 06:49

Interesting experience.
I won't touch any dream interpretation, because it is not my place. Only YOU can figure that out. Was it linked to any life experience like movie, television show, daydream, or past dreams? Something to ask yourself.

Sometimes those dream characters, dream people, dream guide, or whatever you call them, can be very... uncooperative. Arrogant is another way of putting it, but it's up to us to respond and our choice of words to describe them, define how WE respond and tell more about US in the dream, more that the dream character. (In my opinion of course, I am just shooting the breeze.)

I don't know what the true meaning is, but I had fun listening and giving my two cents. That woman was right though. Strong sexual desires can wake us up! :oops:
Highlander wrote:Woman-"... and then when the sex starts, we wake up."

I joke. Even if she said that in MY dream, I wouldn't know what she was talking about exactly.
They speak in riddles!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 13 Aug 2013 09:35

HAGART wrote:
Highlander wrote:Woman-"... and then when the sex starts, we wake up."

I joke. Even if she said that in MY dream, I wouldn't know what she was talking about exactly.
They speak in riddles!

Yes. I knew what they were talking about because i listened the conversation before, even if it has been confusing.

HAGART wrote:I won't touch any dream interpretation, because it is not my place. Only YOU can figure that out. Was it linked to any life experience like movie, television show, daydream, or past dreams? Something to ask yourself.

The only thing i know why the dream guide had that physical appearance and that attitude was because when going home from work, i saw a guy on the train that looked very similar to a juri on our "Portuguese Idol" singing competition and he's very arrogant and sarcastic. The dream guide had his face and all. Maybe the image of that tv jury guy stuck in my mind and it showed on the dream.
What i still have to know is why it appeared an arrogant guide when other times they were very calm and nice to me.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 01:37

They all start talking at the same time. It seems they're discussing issues about dreams, how they work, what they are, etc.
Woman-"... and then when the sex starts, we wake up."
Everyone laughs.
Guide-"Is it? Then and what you have to do if you want to end a dream?"
Woman-"You just start to seduce someone."
Everyone laughs. He looks back to the women who are with him, with a seductive look.
Women-"?? ... Oh noooo... hahahaha... Not me... That's sick... Get out..."
They stay away from him, laughing. Then he looks at me. He is next to me. He joins his lips and asks me for a kiss.
Me-"Hey. No way, man. Are you crazy? Go away!"
He leans on me, and when he's going to kiss me, i wake up.
I guess the woman was right. In these situations, we wake up. And in this case, i wanted to.

:lol: Thanks for sharing that. I thought it was quite amusing.

Why did you want to wake up? just cause they were taunting you? You could of tried to change the dream if so.

Dream guides are just aspects of ourselves too. So they could be any personality at all depending on whatever your subconciousness wishes to express. As a general rule, my DCs are usually quite unwelcoming, I havent managed to even get a dream guide to appear, if I did I wouldnt at all be surprised if I had one like yours was.

Sorry I cant help you with the symbolism of an arrogant dream guide but Im sure it would mean something.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Aug 2013 16:37

taniaaust1 wrote:Why did you want to wake up? just cause they were taunting you? You could of tried to change the dream if so.

Yes, i know. Everytime i wake up i think of what i did wrong or what i could have done. There are still many aspects in lucid dreaming that i need to practice. One of them is having the ability to change the dream when there's something i don't like. I still go with flow. It's like i'm 99% lucid, being 1% the part where there's something i still think it's real.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 22:45

Highlander wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Why did you want to wake up? just cause they were taunting you? You could of tried to change the dream if so.

Yes, i know. Everytime i wake up i think of what i did wrong or what i could have done. There are still many aspects in lucid dreaming that i need to practice. One of them is having the ability to change the dream when there's something i don't like. I still go with flow. It's like i'm 99% lucid, being 1% the part where there's something i still think it's real.

It sounds as if you have a very low level of your waking consciousness coming into your dream. Its also possible for a person to dream they are having lucid dreams (in which case they will dream they are lucid but will not have their normal thinking processes and actions going on and their actions will have many dream actions in them instead of controlling themselves). Going with the flow (not choosing to take waking mind actions) probably doesnt encourage your waking mind to be reacting well with a dream.

I think it was you who is having a lot of trouble with dropping out of the dreams once awareness hit? (or maybe it was another). Hence I wont offer any suggestion to try to think and act more with waking thoughts in the dream as that could cause further dropping out issues in one who already is having trouble.

anyway best luck with progressing with LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”