"Why do you love this world?"

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Vonozar

"Why do you love this world?"

Postby Vonozar » 14 Nov 2013 23:28

I'm not sure why, but my DCs know that the dream is in fact a dream probably about 90% of the time. Usually they are quite logical and sometimes are absolutely brilliant and say the most profound things. This morning I had one where a group of DCs came up to me the moment I became lucid and asked something I wouldn't have expected them to ask.

A woman I recognized off of a T.V show was leading the group of DCs. She stopped a couple feet from me and asked "Why do you love this world, this other reality?" The question caught me off guard, but I told her what the dream world means to me. When I was done speaking, she smiled approvingly and disappeared with the group.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

R99

Re: "Why do you love this world?"

Postby R99 » 15 Nov 2013 06:01

:? hmmm interesting DC... :!:
I see the Truth now.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 15 Nov 2013 06:52

R99 wrote::? hmmm interesting DC... :!:

That's what I thought, too. So I decided to share it here. :)

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 15 Nov 2013 15:51

Hey cool dream. What did you tell her dreams meant to u?

What is your definition of reality?

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 18 Nov 2013 08:44

dreamerinmiami wrote:Hey cool dream. What did you tell her dreams meant to u?

This is from my dream journal. This is pretty much exactly what I said.

The woman walks up to me. "Why do you love this world, this other reality?" she asks. "Why?" I stretch my arms out to the dream world. "This is why. This place, it's a world all my own. It's a place of rest and peace, of joy and excitement. It's beautiful here, and the possibilities are endless. I can do anything, be anything I desire." I point to the concrete area of the yard. I can see grandpa up there in his familiar white work shirt and jeans bending over to pick up yard clippings from the surrounding rose bushes. Suddenly I feel a sense of warmth and peace. "I can go back here. See loved ones again. In reality, he is dead. I know this isn't real. This world is a dream. But here, he lives. He lives through my memories, as does the past. All my fondest memories can be relived here. That's why I love this world."

A little in-depth, but I don't really mind sharing because it's not anything bad or too personal. She seemed very approving of my answer. It's strange, and I'm just realizing it now, but since that dream all of my DCs have been trying their best to help me in whatever I'm trying to improve upon in the dream world or any challenges I might be facing. Looking back in my dream journal, the very next day I had a lucid in which I was having trouble remembering things. A DC stuck with me and constantly helped me to remember that I was dreaming. Two days after that I had one where a DC asked me about how awake my senses were and which needed to be improved upon. When I found I was having trouble smelling, he manifested a candle for me to try. I didn't do it, he did. Wow, I can't believe I'm just realizing this! My best guess as to why this is is that the first dream was some sort of test, and the approving smile the DC gave me was exactly that, some sort of signal telling me I passed the test. This is cool! I'm DEFINATELY going to ask about this in my next lucid dream. 8-)

R99

Postby R99 » 21 Nov 2013 07:43

Your mind is helping u, for ur efforts. keep up the gud work. really interesting.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “Dream Characters”