do dream characters have a mind of their own?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
dreaming

do dream characters have a mind of their own?

Postby dreaming » 19 Mar 2014 23:17

if am having a lucid dream do i have to think for the? or does your conscience talk for them? or is it another thing like they represent what u think they are?

Kman43759

Re: do dream characters have a mind of their own?

Postby Kman43759 » 20 Mar 2014 02:40

My guess is that you brain makes up everything that dream characters do and say based on what you would expect to happen... Your brain just does all this in the background almost like a computer program that you cant see but is running in the background running tasks and stuff. Another reason I dont think they have a mind of there own is because its been proven that everything you dream is created by your mind so I think that your mind just CREATES these dream characters just like everything else in your dreams... So if they are coming from your mind, why would they have a mind of there own? So anyway this is just my guess/opinion and i may be wrong ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 20 Mar 2014 02:46

Well, as a dream just being a creation of the unconscious mind, then they are just your subconcious/or creation from the brain. In many dreams of mine, characters were shells and zombies, that would just stare off. Some would carry out actions like robots without stopping and some would seem to be seperate beings. Don't let that fool you though, our brains are wonderful machines. Id have to agree with you, they are most likely just like a bot in a chatroom, it doesn't understand you, it just acts on what you do. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Mar 2014 11:58

The alternative is: when you dream you travel to another dimension and you meet objectively existent beings who are as sentient as you, or more aware, or even zombie types. May they are spirits! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Apr 2014 12:05

dreaming wrote:if am having a lucid dream do i have to think for the? or does your conscience talk for them? or is it another thing like they represent what u think they are?

They are your subconscious creations so you can expect them to do the unexpected!! or even what one doesnt want them to do .. but one can alter these by focused conscious thoughts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 03 Apr 2014 16:49

I tried to get my dream character to start following me everywhere I go but he walked around the corner and was nowhere to be seen again when I went around.

SydTheCat

Postby SydTheCat » 14 Apr 2014 02:33

I believe they do have a mind of their own. When I look into their eyes I see conciousness. They don't behave like you want, and Most of the time they surprise you.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “Dream Characters”