Dream Character and I keep "missing" each other

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
LD43081

Dream Character and I keep "missing" each other

Postby LD43081 » 16 Jun 2014 16:43

Hi there,

Just a little background; I have a specific DC I want to interact with in a LD. When I started working on LD I set several goals, one was to have her make an appearance in a dream, lucid or not.

So here's whats happening; Of the past five dreams I've had over the past two nights, one had been lucid (was my first LD in fact), and the DC in question has been in three of the non-LD ones. In those non-lucid dreams, she is pretty much ignoring me. I wanted to go "summon" her in my LD, but other DC's were kind of being pests and distracting me until I woke up. Next time I'll try just telling them to hold on and I'll get to them later.

I'm starting to understand that just having that DC there is a dream sign, but when I become lucid the next time she's there am I going to have a problem interacting with her (is she going to continue to ignore me)?

Guitar48300

Re: Dream Character and I keep "missing" each other

Postby Guitar48300 » 16 Jun 2014 21:34

I too have some specific characters that i hang out with in my normal dreams and want to hang out with in lucid dreams. They've been great friends to me and we've never really had any awkward situations happen so far. I think the reason is because for a long time, during the day when I'm awake I fantasize how I interact with them and how well our friendship is.

Maybe you can give that a try, but make sure you do your fantasizing at the right times and not when something requires your focus.
Last edited by Guitar48300 on 16 Jun 2014 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 16 Jun 2014 21:37

Guitar48300 wrote:I too have some specific characters that i hang out with in my normal dreams and want to hang out with in lucid dreams. They've been great friends to me and we've never really had any awkward situations happen so far. I think the reason is because for a long time, during the day when I'm awake I fantasize how I interact with them and how well our friendship is.

Maybe you can give that a try, but make sure you do your fantasizing at the right times and not when something requires your focus.

Quick question; are your DC's people that you also know IRL? Mine is not. I've been imaging the interaction I want, maybe I just need to wait for an LD to try it (?)

Thanks,
J

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 16 Jun 2014 21:39

They're characters from something I like(TV show, video games, etc.). I think you're right, maybe the only way you'll know is to make it happen in a LD. That's what i always think when I'm unsure about the outcome of a planned dream
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 16 Jun 2014 21:49

Guitar48300 wrote:They're characters from something I like(TV show, video games, etc.). I think you're right, maybe the only way you'll know is to make it happen in a LD. That's what i always think when I'm unsure about the outcome of a planned dream

I understand you can't really work a DC like a puppet, but you can influence how they behave a bit. Have you found your dream encounters go pretty much like you imagine during the day? Do you focus on one interaction or do envision several different ones?

I'm also finding it kind of cool that I've been wanting to have this DC in a dream for a few weeks now and suddenly she's turning up a lot. :)

Maybe it's a mindset thing too; if I start worrying she's going to blow me off, she will (?)

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 16 Jun 2014 22:17

Well none of my dream scenes have ever come true but that's okay. Sometimes I think of one sometimes I'll think of a few. In the end none of it happens in a non-lucid. I think maybe that's for the best because playing the same dream scene in my mind over and over gets old fast, and I'd like my dreams to do more of the story writing so that they can be more thrilling lucid or not.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Aug 2014 16:26

LD43081 wrote:Maybe it's a mindset thing too; if I start worrying she's going to blow me off, she will (?)

If she is ignoring you in non lucid dreams, she is very likely to do the same to you in a lucid dream. It will depend on whether you using your waking conciousness thoughts can override the subconsciousness ones, which cause her to ignore you.

Your waking conscious mind will further strengthen this thought of her doing that if you keep thinking about her doing that. In a lucid, be prepared to maybe put in some effort to have her do as you want her too (you may have to really focus your mind in the dream to create what you want).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”