I can control dream characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Daviddd

I can control dream characters

Postby Daviddd » 06 Aug 2014 11:58

When I'm semi lucid (doing everything like in lucid on my own, but not completely aware that I'm sleeping) I can control dream characters just by touching them and 'transfering' my thoughts. In past, I've done it without touching few times. Is it normal? Has any of you experienced it?

P.S: I've never tested it in 'full' lucid. Though I believe it would be the same.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Last edited by Daviddd on 06 Aug 2014 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

nesgirl

Re: I can control dream characters

Postby nesgirl » 06 Aug 2014 17:45

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 07 Aug 2014 17:40

nesgirl wrote:
Daviddd wrote:When I'm semi lucid (doing everything like in lucid on my own, but not completely aware that I'm sleeping) I can control dream characters just by touching them and 'transfering' my thoughts. In paat, I've done it without touching few times. Is it normal? Has any of you experienced it?

P.S: I've never tested it in 'full' lucid. Though I believe it would be the same.

You can do whatever you want with your characters, as your characters are nothing more than morphs or robots, and will only do what you mentally program them to do. In fact you can actually do anything you want to them without consequence as well.

I disagree, nothing is without consequence.

DCs are not mindless zombies you can kill for fun.

lucid dreaming often gives us this god complex, like I read a story about a guy flying around his dcs,
and as he did this he laughed saying something along the lines "I am your god! Obey me slaves!"

that is just awful whether their "real" or not

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 07 Aug 2014 20:05

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

KittyDreamer

Postby KittyDreamer » 15 Sep 2014 04:34

I have experienced this recently in one of my dreams.

I was in the middle of the back seat of a car filled with 5 people and I looked back up to the right at a building the car had just passed but by doing that the driver of the car did the same action as me, because I was in control and got distracted and then the car crashed into a giant bookcase and I woke up.

I dont think I realised that I was controlling the character until that moment though. I was in control and then got distracted so the character driving got distracted the same as me!

Inedible

Postby Inedible » 15 Sep 2014 04:54

Often instead of being my own dream character, I float over myself and control the action from above. Then I sort of go from one to the other. If controlling dream characters is bad, then what of possessing them?

And I just plain control characters as well. Like directing a story.

If a dream character is part of me then why is controlling them any worse than moving my arms and legs?

KittyDreamer

Postby KittyDreamer » 15 Sep 2014 05:00

Inedible wrote:Often instead of being my own dream character, I float over myself and control the action from above. Then I sort of go from one to the other. If controlling dream characters is bad, then what of possessing them?

And I just plain control characters as well. Like directing a story.

If a dream character is part of me then why is controlling them any worse than moving my arms and legs?

I have done this before as well where I come out of myself to watch myself in action in the dream before slipping back into myself as the story progresses.

Controlling them is no worse then writing a story and deciding what the characters will do next. I seem to find that the characters are objects of my subconscious self so I am looking forward to getting into more of a dialogue with them now that I am understanding more of the possibilities of lucid dreams

Return to “Dream Characters”