Interesting quote from book

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
holdorfold

Interesting quote from book

Postby holdorfold » 27 Sep 2014 22:44

I had to take a screenshot because the pdf won't let me copy the text. Excerpt from Robert Wagnor's Lucid Dreaming Gateway to the Inner Self (highly recommend the book btw):

jasmine2

Re: Interesting quote from book

Postby jasmine2 » 28 Sep 2014 23:22

I think the observation that some dream characters seem to possess awareness, intelligence, skills, creativity, and insight separate from the dreamer's own abilities, is one of the most fascinating peculiarities of non-lucid and lucid dreaming and OBEs.

Shamans and sages in many cultures have reported numerous interactions, in realms of non-ordinary consciousness, with a variety of intelligent beings.

Perhaps many of these characters are demonstrating abilities or aspects of personality which are slowly emerging from deeper layers of the dreamer's own psyche.

Also, some scientists now propose theories regarding the existence a vast multiverse of simultaneously existing realities parallel to, and intersecting with, our own reality. Perhaps some more advanced dream characters and spirit guide allies may be truly independent beings, who are able to move back and forth between different dimensions of a larger reality.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Oct 2014 02:05

I've read Robert Waggoner's book. It was indeed an interesting read. I would contend that the reason why dream figures appear to be conscious and potentially display the attributes listed is that they are products of the roots of the brain that precede the conscious ego. They may even represent the proto-conscious elements of the brain with are then perceived by the waking lucid self in the form of familiar shapes and forms such as characters. I would not say they are complete people, or sentient individuals with a mind of their own, but certainly representative of the conscious mind, like sensorial illusions, still mere hallucinations, but also mirrors of the state of mind that we are in. There may be many "mes" that make up one self...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 00:28

Is the concept of "Self-Identity" an illusion? A dream character if you will. Perhaps our psyche and self is multi-faceted and we just THINK we are who we think we are at any given moment but it is constantly fluctuating.

I've posed this question before in a lucid dream, and good luck trying to find Waldo in this Haystack of threads, but I assure you it's in here somewhere... I asked a DC once, "Am I a dream character too?"

I won't tell you the answer, just providing the question. Think about it and try it for yourself. What do you believe? See what they say, and then ask yourself again. What do you believe?

(I have no answer. I'm just posing a great lucid dream goal to try)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Old Traveler

Postby Old Traveler » 03 Nov 2014 02:36

Interesting line of inquiry. MANY people apparently DO
believe these dream characters are more than dream fluff.
Why would we go there seeking seeking our "Inner Guides"
if we did not?

Read Minds In Many Pieces by Ralph B. Allison, Ted Schwarz
and meet the many multiple personalities that Dr. Allison
began to suspect might have some real life on their own.

You can down load it on Kindle or buy yourself a copy at Amazon.
I read it years back.

Better yet go to www.dissociation.com and read his papers.
VERY unusual stuff.

Buy Dr. Ralph B. Allison's E-Books

OK. Have I got you attention? Are these multiple personalities similar to
our lucid dream characters? Food for thought!

Old Traveler

Minds In Many Pieces: Revealing the Spiritual Side of Multiple Personality Disorder

Memories of an Essence: How Humans and Spiritual Beings Put 70 Personalities Back Together Again

Michael, My Essence: The Origin, Nature, Talents and Supervisors of One Human's Soul

Collected Works, Volume I, Diagnosis & Treatment of Dissociative Disorders

Collected Works, Volume II, One Hillside Strangler and "Other Selves" Who Kill
Never-before-published court reports about Ken Bianchi, one of the L.A. Hillside Stranglers, are included in this collection of Dr. Allison’s papers about his work in courts and corrections. See how he came to understand how the “other selves” who killed were not dissociated Alter-Personalities but Internalized Imaginary Companions (IIC) capable of heinous crimes. These IIC were not a legal excuse but an explanation. Follow Dr. Allison from one confusing criminal to another he met during the dozen years he worked in a state prison.

Collected Works, Volume III, Spiritual Psychology
Possession & Exorcism, Reincarnation, and the nature of the human Essence (a.k.a. soul or spirit) are the subjects of these collected papers on Spiritual Psychology by Dr. Allison. Most of this information was taught to him by spiritual beings who borrowed the bodies of two of his patients with Multiple Personality Disorder. These spirits called themselves collectively Celestial Intelligent Energy (CIE). Individually they were named Faith, Hope, and Charity. Their basic message was: “Each of you humans has an Essence; listen to it.”

Memories of an Essence

A new E-Book, Memories of an Essence, How Humans and Spiritual Beings Put 70 Personalities Back Together Again, by Ralph B. Allison, M.D., is now available from Amazon.com for those who own a Kindle E-Book Reader. It can also be read on the iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, PC, Mac, Blackberry and Android smartphones.

Discover how humans and spiritual beings put Marie's 70 personalities back together again. Join Dr. Allison in his wild trip through the life of Marie, who created her first alter-personality at the age of six months. She first met with Dr. Allison at age 28, when he began helping her integrate her personalities. See how they did that in the next three years. Becky, her Essence, was Dr. Allison's valuable advisor during Marie's therapy and was still dissociated from Marie, her Personality, after integration. After 13 years apart, they agreed to write her story. Becky, acting as Marie's memory manager, provided historical details from her files in the Akashic Records. Becky's supervisory spirits, Faith, Hope, and Charity, described how they had monitored Becky and Marie. While borrowing Marie's body to speak to Dr. Allison, they told him their job titles and descriptions and how they observe and help members of the human race.

Return to “Dream Characters”