DC defiance :P

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?

DC defiance :P

Postby JDude » 14 Dec 2014 22:05

How do I get it to stop? I am a lustful person, and I can't stand it when someone denies me sex!

Re: DC defiance :P

Postby HAGART » 14 Dec 2014 23:09

I've noticed that DC's will respond to your own emotions. If you are too forceful and aggressive, you know deep down that's wrong and your dream will react to it and the whole dream, and the DC's in it, become our subliminal expectations to your behavior.

That's a complex way of saying something simple.

DC's react you your feelings. That's what I meant.
They are you. They are aspects of your psyche. Its a reflection. Having lucid dream sex is like mental masturbation really. It's only you and you alone. It's autoerotic in a psychological way.

I should think about this some more. I don't think this stuff is taboo and bet most lucid dreamers do it. I wouldn't mind becoming the resident lucid-dream-love-guru around here! 8-)

I'm not ashamed to say I have some experience in this area. I often get rejected all the time though so I am in the same boat as you! Not verbally, but the dream will have a tendency to morph right when I am making my move. It is frustrating.

But I think the answer can be found in ourselves and our own expectations. Just like EVERY other aspect of a lucid dream and even real life for that matter.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Re: DC defiance :P

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 12:32

This is saying something about "you". It's saying a part of you doesnt really want to do this for some reason. Maybe you could try to get your subconsciousness to tell you what the issue is. Im usually stopped too but I know in my case its about my morals and spiritual feelings around "lust".

I can get around this sexual block if I really wanted too by using a DC of one of the guys I loved into my dream... then my subconsciousness thinks its fine.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”