I asked my DC if I'm dreaming

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
dren ibrahimi

I asked my DC if I'm dreaming

Postby dren ibrahimi » 13 Jul 2015 21:31

He said Maybe. Is it possible that my mind could prevent me to have a lucid dream?

Summerlander

Re: I asked my DC if I'm dreaming

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jul 2015 23:23

I would say that the dream world, which is the mental stage, tends to mould the dreamer so that this one accepts, or agrees with, its illogic as though it's the norm. This is because the self is a mental conception, too, swayed by the mental web of other conceptions. In order to lucid dream, the dream self needs to be identical to the waking one - and, it needs to be preserved! Here is a link that expounds upon this idea:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

ilikelucidx

Postby ilikelucidx » 05 Oct 2015 19:14

In my dreams, when a DC says "You are not dreaming" I do something impossible right in front of them and I wake up, lol.

Lys

Postby Lys » 20 Mar 2016 16:53

I've had really negative experiences when talking to my DC's about lucid dreaming. It's like I break some sort of rule. They get angry and it's frightening. If I succesfully convince a DC that I'm actually dreaming they stop talking and just stare. The entire atmosphere changes too, it's really creepy.

Luciddreamer007

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 21 Mar 2016 13:54

This happens also to me, Lys. I once saw an uncle of mine in a LD and i told him very hyped that we are in a LD.
He unexpectedly started to choke me :o :o Strange that my subconscious made him react this way, because in reality hes kinda of a peaceful and kind hippy.
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 29 Mar 2016 14:33

Over the years I too have had brief chats with dream characters but honestly none of them seemed to have much to say. Some of them seemed dull or just disinterested. Only recently after reading Robert Waggoners book Lucid Dreaming Gateway to the Inner-self, did I see I am not alone. He gave some interesting accounts
of what happens when others have talked with dream characters. Not everyone has had the same experiences of course but miy conversations yielded nothing of much interest.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 02 Apr 2016 17:49

When I try to speak with others in a LD or while OBE I get a wide variety of responses. If I just randomly walk up to someone and tell them I am OBE the reaction is generally "fear". If I am directed to an "authority" the encounter is often one that borders on awesome. Family and friends are usually staring blankly ahead and unaware of my presence and do not seem to have much to say.

I have investigated this on at least a couple dozen LD/OBEs and it is ripe with possibilities.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 03 Apr 2016 00:27

Read Robert Waggoners book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to The Inner Self.
I think you will find some new insights there. I think it picks up where LaBerges books left off. Just my opinion.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Apr 2016 04:08

Skippy, "insights" like what?...

I have read a lot of books and they have value to me, but my own experience is direct and meaningful to me in another way.

You have pointed to Waggoner's books repeatedly.
Okay... fine. But does your own personal experience count for much?
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 08 Apr 2016 17:41

Does yours? Whats your your grip anyway? Is your opinion better than anyone else?
There will always be people like you on forums. If you don't like what I think don't post about them. I wont be responding to anymore of yours you can count on that. I have no time for BS.

Return to “Dream Characters”