I asked my DC if I'm dreaming

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
RobertForsythe

Re: I asked my DC if I'm dreaming

Postby RobertForsythe » 08 Apr 2016 19:16

Skippy23000 wrote:Does yours? Whats your your grip anyway? Is your opinion better than anyone else?
There will always be people like you on forums. If you don't like what I think don't post about them. I wont be responding to anymore of yours you can count on that. I have no time for BS.

Yes, Skippy, my own experience counts for wayyyy more than what I read in a book. Nothing I said implies that I think my opinion is better than anyone else's opinion... not at all, not even close....

I think I clarified this a bit in another thread. I have a minor gripe with posts that merely point to some book repeatedly while quoting nothing from the book to show relevance to the thread and also lacking any sort of personal level of commentary.

The "you really ought to read this book" type comment as a standalone reply just doesn't cut the mustard, imho. The first time I think "ok". The second time I think, "Hmmm". The third fourth and fifth times... I start to get a little annoyed. I realize I should just chill a bit and leave it be.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Apr 2016 19:20

Skippy23000 wrote:Does yours? Whats your your grip anyway? Is your opinion better than anyone else?
There will always be people like you on forums. If you don't like what I think don't post about them. I wont be responding to anymore of yours you can count on that. I have no time for BS.

You're not the only one who's noticed Mr Narcissistic over there, Skippy. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 08 Apr 2016 23:11

Enra Traz wrote:
You're not the only one who's noticed Mr Narcissistic over there, Skippy. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Enra, Are you suggesting that valuing personal experience over book knowledge is 'narcissistic'?
(notice how I pause to ask for clarification before going straight for the jugular?)
by Robert Forsythe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Apr 2016 11:29

No, not suggesting that, Robert. Not even close! :D

If you thought that then you don't really understand what is meant by narcissism. It's more about the way in which, in your mind, you can never be wrong because you are the best. You never make mistakes and never fess up even when your errors are pointed out to you. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 10 Apr 2016 22:16

I know exactly what narcissism is Enra/Summer and I think that is exactly what you were suggesting. But given your hugely dishonest character that I have documented repeatedly I do not expect you to admit it.

Contrary to your false accusation I have admitted openly to Skippy on this and other threads that I now have thought better of my comments and that I admit it would have been better had I never brought the subject up... which flies in the face of yet another in your now long and nearly uninterrupted string of false accusations made against me.

How *anyone* on this forum can get behind such a nefarious and dastardly character such as you is mind boggling.

It is becoming obvious that what really bothers you is that someone with knowledge and experience has shown up and failed to lick your boots and pay obeisance.

*That* is what all this is really about, imho.
by Robert Forsythe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Apr 2016 11:40

RobertForsythe wrote:It is becoming obvious that what really bothers you is that someone with knowledge and experience has shown up and failed to lick your boots and pay obeisance.

So this is what you think is going on. But this glimpse of what goes on in your mind isn't that surprising to me. Well, here's your example of narcissism. You are simply in love with yourself and you consider yourself special compared to the rest, who apparently lick my boots and pay obeisance. :!:

You must be paranoid and jealous if you think WOLD members have some sort of adulation for me. Your statement is psychologically revealing to say the least. If we apply Freud's refined version of the psychological projection theory here, I'd say what really bothers you is precisely what you asseverate to bother me--and it shows!

Just something I'd like to append here for your information, little man: deschainXIX is, as far as I can tell, more intelligent than you will ever be. He thinks for himself; he doesn't agree with everything I say; and he does not bother me one bit. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

edgzamora2

Postby edgzamora2 » 17 Nov 2016 05:37

ilikelucidx wrote:In my dreams, when a DC says "You are not dreaming" I do something impossible right in front of them and I wake up, lol.

Proved them wrong, like a BOSS (#GetRekt)

pennysuede

Postby pennysuede » 08 Dec 2016 06:04

I haven't read the book, and also I haven't encountered the hostility either. I sometimes get the blank stares, but I find when I ask questions I get very interesting answers. I flat out have asked DC''s what messages they have for me, etc.
Fun stuff-

lia78

Postby lia78 » 10 Feb 2017 13:22

I had a beautiful lucid dream last weekend. Maybe not that beautiful, but enjoyable. I was so excited about having a lucid dream again that I started flying (all naked) in front of a serious gentleman in suit. I told him I could fly naked because this was just a dream. He was just smiling and nodding head. Then there was an older lady, so I asked her, "do you know this is just a dream?" And she started laughing: "Dream? That's funny!" she said and kept laughing.
So yes. Luckily, no negative or dull reactions :-)
www.astromagicstar.com

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 11 Feb 2017 06:32

Oh no, Robert the Scythe! Never say you're a ghost to a DC! They might hire in the ghost busters! (the ghost busters theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc).

For me, I always say to my characters I am in a lucid dream, no matter what. They all seem to be very accepting of me believing this.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Dream Characters”