Delirium-Like Character (Sandman)

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
TheEtherealOne

Delirium-Like Character (Sandman)

Postby TheEtherealOne » 30 Nov 2016 02:27

Hi, folks...
Once I had a dream with a blue-haired, fairy-like character, which I recognized to be Delirium from the Sandman stories... I found myself at a garden party on my grandparent's house, there was a staircase floating above the pool, everybody was around the food table and suddenly... the Delirium-like girl was talking to me. I felt happy because I love all this character represents, her unstable and smooth looks, just as her persona, are pure fluid...
Later I stumbled upon a locker composed of a sort of bubble, very low aggregated material, which I destroyed with each touch.
Inside of the locker there was a notebook called: "diary of secrets of a punk girl". I knew it belonged to her!
Unfortunately, I never got to read the diary...
Anyone knows Delirium too..? Any interpretations? This is my first post, nice to be here.

Price

Re: Delirium-Like Character (Sandman)

Postby Price » 30 Nov 2016 06:38

I felt happy because I love all this character represents, her unstable and smooth looks, just as her persona, are pure fluid...

If I was to give a stab at it, I would say that your are integrating all of the characteristics that you like about the Delirium girl. Pure Fluid, her smooth looks.

Inside of the locker there was a notebook called: "diary of secrets of a punk girl". I knew it belonged to her!

Also it could be that you are entering into an unstable state. You haven't felt it, or integrated it yet. As represented by the fact that you found the diary, but wasn't able to read it. Maybe your dream is preparing you for the fact that you will be unstable, or something unstable will happen to you. It is also giving you advice, Stay Fluid, act cool. That is how you will get through it.

What do you think? Does that resonate with you?

Price

Postby Price » 30 Nov 2016 06:38

I felt happy because I love all this character represents, her unstable and smooth looks, just as her persona, are pure fluid...

If I was to give a stab at it, I would say that your are integrating all of the characteristics that you like about the Delirium girl. Pure Fluid, her smooth looks.

Also it could be that you are entering into an unstable state. You haven't felt it, or integrated it yet. As represented by the fact that you found the diary, but wasn't able to read it. Maybe your dream is preparing you for the fact that you will be unstable, or something unstable will happen to you. It is also giving you advice, Stay Fluid, act cool. That is how you will get through it.

What do you think? Does that resonate with you?

TheEtherealOne

Postby TheEtherealOne » 30 Nov 2016 18:56

It seems so... there is a curious mixture or relation between chaos (unstable or unpredictable patterns) and feeling alive or creative. A thin line. It echos inside me... Anyway, it was a happy mysterious dreaming and dreaming with Alice in Wonderland (or Delirium, they're identical versions), is always nice. But I agree with your interpretation.

Return to “Dream Characters”