Figure of God in a lucid dream

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
lia78

Figure of God in a lucid dream

Postby lia78 » 11 Jan 2017 07:33

Recently i had a lucid dream - I was in a town, it looked like a typical English town, people coming down the street, and I had feeling like if these people were souls of real people. Suddenly, God was walking next to me - ok I know it couldn't be real God 8-) let's say my alter-ego or however Jung and others would call it - but it is something that we imagine when praying or how we imagine God - a figure floating next to me, but I can't see the face. So I asked him, why are you showing me all this? And he was quiet. So I said, you mean I should figure it out myself? And he agreed.
It was very interesting for me. It's like - since then I feel this lucid dreaming must have some meaning to us. We lucid dream for a reason. Do you also feel that way?
www.astromagicstar.com

Summerlander

Re: Figure of God in a lucid dream

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jan 2017 18:16

I believe lucid dreams are caused by cerebral effects. Other than this, I don't think they have any intrinsic meaning apart from the anthropic interpretations we're sometimes compelled to give them.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Jan 2017 00:08

I am very interested in the potential opportunity which lucid dreams present for exploring deeper levels of consciousness.

I recommend the following -

Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
Includes discussion about how to interact with a variety of dream characters, including dream guides
Also, Carl Jung's concept of The Higher Self.
The author also describes how, after about 20 years of lucid dreaming, he finally had profound, abstract dreams in which he encountered "The Light of Awareness."

Book- "Flight of the Wild Gander" - by Joseph Campbell
Includes discussion about the recurrent appearance of small images of flying birds in many traditional societies which honor a shaman's visionary journeys in the dream world.
Also, Campbell writes that individuals who persist in their inner exploration of consciousness may realize that, ultimately, their image of an anthropomorphic god becomes transparent to "that which is ultimately transcendent of all definitions, categories, names , and forms, (which) is the very substance, energy, being, and support of all things, including ourselves." (pg. 160)

cayennedesert

Postby cayennedesert » 12 Jan 2017 21:34

Ha, I think I saw you. Maybe. I saw "God" from behind talking to a man in my dream of heaven. Maybe it means I am meant to meet you? :D

I completely believe we dream, and lucid dream, for a reason. There are many theories as to why and I think you are allowed your own. Some of my dreams prepare me for future possibilities. Some just show my anxieties enhanced to sometimes an uncomfortable degree....Others I think really are for entertainment and fantasy. I've had spiritual dreams that have guided me. Many lucid dreams to me represent a very present state of being. You do rather than see. I think you have to be careful what you do, as you are doing it to yourself. Some believe you can affect others. Your dream sounds very healthy to me. Maybe God is giving you confidence to come up with your own truth. :)
If you would like a personal session about lucid dreams, nightmares, or interpretations my site is

Dream-Insights.com

<3,
Cayenne

lia78

Postby lia78 » 12 Jan 2017 22:03

Very nice, thank you all for replies.

Cayennedesert - see, thanks to our dreams we already met here, so it must be fate :lol:

I also like to stay grounded and don't like to come up with truths, I prefer to explore and come up with questions and theories :-)

At the end, we spend with sleeping and dreaming quite a big part of our life, so it should definitely get our attention. It's a great field to explore. If it's lucid dreaming or symbols in non lucid dreams. I think my dream about God was just a pinch to it.
www.astromagicstar.com

cayennedesert

Postby cayennedesert » 12 Jan 2017 22:33

lia78 wrote:Very nice, thank you all for replies.

Cayennedesert - see, thanks to our dreams we already met here, so it must be fate :lol:

I also like to stay grounded and don't like to come up with truths, I prefer to explore and come up with questions and theories :-)

At the end, we spend with sleeping and dreaming quite a big part of our life, so it should definitely get our attention. It's a great field to explore. If it's lucid dreaming or symbols in non lucid dreams. I think my dream about God was just a pinch to it.

You are very wise :)
If you would like a personal session about lucid dreams, nightmares, or interpretations my site is

Dream-Insights.com

<3,
Cayenne

Return to “Dream Characters”