The anima/animus

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Hob

The anima/animus

Postby Hob » 02 Feb 2017 20:08

Anyone have any experiences with your Anima or Animus? I'd be interested in hearing about it.

DreamerMan99

Re: The anima/animus

Postby DreamerMan99 » 28 Mar 2017 20:57

I once had an Animus bow enchant in Skyrim.
Other than that, I don't think they exist.
Good luck,
Dream on.

starsofclay

Postby starsofclay » 05 Apr 2017 19:14

I would like to hear your experiences, if any, because it interests me. I learned this term after a string of experiences while meditating. It hasn't happened in a long time, but when it did, it was as if I was sharing my head space with someone else who was teaching me things. For example, one of the things it taught me was how to "throw a fireball like mario"...(yes, dorky, I know) which was essentially a lesson on using my dream body and visualization to see it happen. At one time I asked it if it were man or woman, (thinking at the time that I may have been visited by a spirit or something) and it said "both." I have a feeling that the anima/animus is your higher self, which is neither male or female, but both.

Price

Postby Price » 06 Apr 2017 07:22

I posted about this, but I asked to see the Dreamer Behind the Dream and a male and female voice spoke in unison and told me about my dream. I believe they were my anima/us.

I think Jung was on to something, but Queer Theory wasn't invented yet. So my thoughts are not so hetero-normative around the whole idea.

I do think people have both male and female inside of them to balance them, and the anima/us or Daemon as another term. Come to us when we are ready to open up to a lesson and as we change.

amyramoon

Postby amyramoon » 21 Apr 2017 16:05

I think the animal aspects of our personality are of the form the human beast from the hindbrain takes who is normally in a daze during our waking state and more active when we sleep causing us to regress into our inherent bestial nature. The daemon however is a conscience which has access to the dream engine including all the freedom of multi-dimensional thinking which fondly protects us from distress through the dream experiential environment.

naturespirit

Postby naturespirit » 30 Jun 2017 02:50

Lol I have an animus, anima, and my inner self.
Plus me, that makes four. The square. A symbol of unity.
Chew on that Jung...
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

Earn Points!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19752

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 06 Aug 2017 17:38

Anima or Animus... whatever

Return to “Dream Characters”