Making friends in dreams?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
goldenrose

Making friends in dreams?

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 16:04

I have a whole cast of dream characters that occur across many of my dreams and seem way more three-dimensional than most of my dream characters. What's funny, is most of them don't have names, or at least I don't know them, but I know of them just fine.

After spending so much time with some of these characters, they almost feel like old friends. They also act unpredictably, and I can't control them, even when lucid. They feel so much like real people, it's strange.

Do any of you guys have dream characters like this?
Darkness is always held up by the light.

24/7/365

Re: Making friends in dreams?

Postby 24/7/365 » 06 Aug 2017 17:44

are they characters or friends? maybe, your friend has character, as most life does

ObscureLucidity

Postby ObscureLucidity » 18 Aug 2017 05:03

I've met up with these ppl in my lucid dreams who claim to be other lucid dreamers in a shared dream with me. I don't know any of their names and I'm not exactly best friends with these people.

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 28 Aug 2017 06:16

24/7/365 wrote:are they characters or friends? maybe, your friend has character, as most life does

I'm assuming they are simply dream characters, conjured from my vivid imagination. I have found it interesting how certain characters seem to be more aware than others, and have been studying this in my dreams quite a bit lately.

Of course, I could be wrong and they are sentient life forms from somewhere else, but that's not for me to say. That goes into a realm outside the psyche that is not up to me to define, haha. :lol:

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 28 Aug 2017 06:18

ObscureLucidity wrote:I've met up with these ppl in my lucid dreams who claim to be other lucid dreamers in a shared dream with me. I don't know any of their names and I'm not exactly best friends with these people.

How interesting! I've had people like that in my dreams as well, really makes you question things for a time. :lol:

DeniseGreen

Postby DeniseGreen » 28 Aug 2017 06:23

Is it really happening to you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 31 Aug 2017 04:33

DeniseGreen wrote:Is it really happening to you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depends on how much merit you put in dreams, I reckon. In my dreams, yes, I see the same people quite often. Even know some of them by name. :lol:

Return to “Dream Characters”