Pinstripes

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
IvoryPavo

Pinstripes

Postby IvoryPavo » 29 Aug 2017 01:26

A new character has come to me in my dreams and I must say that he's rather frightening. He's tall, mildly heavyset, wears a pinstripe suit, has broad shoulders, but still has a stubby figure about him. His face was obscured by a dark haze but I remember his eyes were red. Not just the iris but the entirety of the eye. It's as though they'd ruptured.
He never spoke, just followed me around. I'd turn my back for one second and he'd either be far off or right on me. Even after waking up I'd feel his stare and awkwardly curl up in my sheets as though they'd hide me away. There's just this dread that comes with the memory of first seeing him. Now I mostly envision him but it hardly feels like it's merely my imagination with the amount of uneasiness that's tied to him.
Perhaps he was just a darker visitor, a passerby. Maybe he never intended me harm. But I don't like how his emotions still linger with me.
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

Melasdesign

Re: Pinstripes

Postby Melasdesign » 30 Aug 2017 01:51

My Lampshade Man character in my first lucid dream when I was 5 had pinstripes too (and a lampshade instead of a head). Some kind of strange archetype? Hmmmmm.....
Susan Phillips Hicks
Melasdesign

See my Dream Series art at
https://society6.com/melasdesign/collection/dream-series

Return to “Dream Characters”