Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
HAGART

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby HAGART » 29 Feb 2016 04:26

Nothing shocks me. I have seen and done so many crazy things in lucid dreams, and of course regular dreams too.

Thanks for sharing. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Most of us have a morbid mind and are influenced by games, but we are all good people at heart. I will go out on a limb and say it's a guy thing to be violent in dreams, and enjoy some gory movies and games.

I find it odd how we can be so open about violence in dreams, and games in our culture, but we can't talk about sexuality in dreams or see nudity in games because it seems far worse than ripping someone in half with blood spewing out, splattering on the walls.

Food for thought. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 02 Mar 2016 21:20

jeremy1113 wrote:
erichsa wrote:WHY? :shock:

Exactly my question, why in the world would you want to "kill" off , not just your dream characters, but anything?
Hope you will not take these things into the real world.

But to answer your question, no I have never felt the desire to kill. Although I have had the need to interact and get insight into some of these characters, pick there brain, so to speak.

Utterly thrashing and destroying a dream character is generally a very good symbol, indicating that some element of the psyche that has been an obstacle of sorts has been overcome and vanquished.
... and that's a good thing....
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 03 Apr 2016 08:24

Have you ever killed a real live person in waking life?
Just asking.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Apr 2016 23:08

Skippy23000 wrote:Have you ever killed a real live person in waking life?
Just asking.

Who are you asking? (and why do you ask?)
Me?, no.
I have not been in any sort of physical altercation since elementary school.
by Robert Forsythe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Apr 2016 16:48

RobertForsythe wrote:Utterly thrashing and destroying a dream character is generally a very good symbol, indicating that some element of the psyche that has been an obstacle of sorts has been overcome and vanquished.

It's a good thing to destroy dream characters, he says, so sure that they are nothing but 'elements of the psyche'... :D

But then we take into account what he told someone else on a different topic:

RobertForsythe wrote:I am open to the possibility that the DC are actual real people with bodies operating somewhere else in the world. If people can psychically communicate with other people across the world while in the waking state it seems likely it could be done in the dream state, maybe even more easily. But finding these people in the waking state is a challenge. I have tried.

So, he is also open to the possibility that he could be giving real people nightmares by attempting to destroy his dream characters. :)

And he wonders why Skippy23000 asked him if he ever killed someone in real life ... :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2016 00:00

Summerlander makes a good point. You can't think both and must make a decision.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 05 Apr 2016 01:23

I don't think I've ever actually succeeded in fully killing a dream character. Not for a lack of trying. I think dream actions are totally amoral, with no consequence in the real world. But it seems that the more violent I am with a dream character, the more inhuman they become. The dream loses a bit of realism and the person morphs into a squid or some strange bloated caricature with vaguely human parts. For example, if I'm choking a guy, his head will swell up and his features will contort and become all shiny and the dream will collapse.

Also, when I'm trying to kill dream characters, the dream seems quite adept at assembling a sort of security force. It will literally fight back. For example, the night before last night I found myself lucid in a sort of shopping mall. Remembering this thread, I went into a sports equipment store and expected to find a katana mounted on the wall. I retrieved my samurai sword, thinking it would be fun trying to decapitate some dream characters. But when I turned around I found myself surrounded by five ninjas all holding swords identical with mine. Now I'm in a five-way sword fight that I'm quickly losing--and my lucidity is going down the drain, too, because I'm concerned I'm going to be cut, failing to realize the implications of lucidity.

Something equivalent usually happens when I engage in violence in a lucid dream. I need to work on keeping my lucidity, which affords me power over the dream world. Whatever leukocytic "security force" the dream procures I can easily get rid of if I realize the full implications of being in a dream.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2016 08:34

I know what you mean, deschainXIX and often have that trouble with characters morphing during lucid dream sex. I will just say two words that hope makes others think about it more:

THOUGHT POLICE ;)

Z0rb

Postby Z0rb » 06 Apr 2016 23:58

I never had the need to do so. But I already killed by them several times. Some of them, I felt very panic and despair. (Even after death, I found myself living in another world, as it were, dream within the dream).
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 07 Apr 2016 04:59

Summerlander wrote:
RobertForsythe wrote:Utterly thrashing and destroying a dream character is generally a very good symbol, indicating that some element of the psyche that has been an obstacle of sorts has been overcome and vanquished.

It's a good thing to destroy dream characters, he says, so sure that they are nothing but 'elements of the psyche'... :D

But then we take into account what he told someone else on a different topic:

RobertForsythe wrote:I am open to the possibility that the DC are actual real people with bodies operating somewhere else in the world. If people can psychically communicate with other people across the world while in the waking state it seems likely it could be done in the dream state, maybe even more easily. But finding these people in the waking state is a challenge. I have tried.

So, he is also open to the possibility that he could be giving real people nightmares by attempting to destroy his dream characters. :)

And he wonders why Skippy23000 asked him if he ever killed someone in real life ... :mrgreen:

You are lost in a shallow fog AGAIN, Enra/Summerlander.

I did not "wonder"? *why* Skippy asked me that... I merely asked for clarification if his question was directed at me?... or maybe it was for the OP ... or anyone else... it was a rather ambiguously posed question. (That is something you might want to learn how to do -- asking for clarification first....)

As far as the "giving other people nightmares" aspect goes... you are jumping to conclusions... again....

I have mentioned to you repeatedly that you might pause a moment now and then and ask for clarification before you go off half cocked as you so often do.

I presently believe that about 99% of humanity is residing in a near zombie state 99% of the time. In the Dream state they are almost exclusively dealing with figments of their imagination... much like their waking state....

The *VAST* majority of the time when a person dreams of obliterating an opponent in a dream it is merely a DC that is being obliterated.

On the other hand, for some people, I remain open to the possibility that some "dreamers" might be honestly perceiving another conscious entity. If one is defending themselves from a genuine psychic attack self defense is a wise move. In such a case it would be morally and ethically acceptable to obliterate the attacker with everything you've got. There are other options as well but that might get way out there and I am running long on this reply already.
by Robert Forsythe

Return to “Dream Characters”