The Security Guard

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 14 Feb 2013 23:31

In one of my first lucid dreams, I was going around through this park and trying to talk to people. Most people were just like zombies and ignored me. I would go up to them and ask them if they knew they were in a dream, and they would just look at me strange and walk away. One woman even pulled her children away from me. I eventually noticed this one man, who did not look like the others. He was leaning against a stone wall, and looking around perceptively. He wore a maroon polo shirt and tan khakis, the same as security guards at my school. I walked over and said, "You know we're in a dream, right?" He looked back briefly and said, "Yea, I know." I told him he was the first person to say that and kept on trying to talk to him about stuff in the dream. He said he was busy though, and when I asked him why he told me it was because he was looking for someone very important and dangerous. :?
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: The Security Guard

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 06:59

Interesting dream. Its always interesting to hear about the DCs who actually seem to have real awareness in our dreams. I often think that maybe those are more then just a dream character but maybe real people who have entered the dream world consciously for one reason or another eg Something like a dream warrior (ive forgotten what they call those people)..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Feb 2013 03:07

I agree, in the way that it is an interesting concept, not being the center of attention in our dreams. I disagree with the idea of it being another dreamer however. I think that all DCs are just imaginary. :)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: The Security Guard

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 05:18

Worldenterer1 wrote:I agree, in the way that it is an interesting concept, not being the center of attention in our dreams. I disagree with the idea of it being another dreamer however. I think that all DCs are just imaginary. :)


I had a shared dream one time with my daughter... she was herself in the dream and I was myself in the dream.. we both remembered it. I'd find it hard to think of her as just a DC seeing she was consciously aware of the dream too when she woke up. If she was a DC.. that means.. I would have to also call myself just a DC in that dream..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 17 Feb 2013 00:20

taniaaust1 wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:I agree, in the way that it is an interesting concept, not being the center of attention in our dreams. I disagree with the idea of it being another dreamer however. I think that all DCs are just imaginary. :)


I had a shared dream one time with my daughter... she was herself in the dream and I was myself in the dream.. we both remembered it. I'd find it hard to think of her as just a DC seeing she was consciously aware of the dream too when she woke up. If she was a DC.. that means.. I would have to also call myself just a DC in that dream..


I'm sorry but there's no way I can believe that. You must have both just had the coincidence of dreaming about each other. There is no proof that people's brain functions can directly influence anything outside your body. I'm not saying that it's impossible, I just truly believe it is.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
tea
Posts: 366
Joined: 22 Feb 2013 12:36

Re: The Security Guard

Postby tea » 26 Feb 2013 12:32

hi there! sounds interesting.. do you remember how the DC looked like? because i've opened a thread, talking about a very specific person which seems to show up in many people's dreams all over the world.
i'm not 100% if it's legit, but would you mind checking it out for a second, telling me whether the guy in the park looked like the person i'm talking about?

link to my thread: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3357

thank you! :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/


User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 28 Feb 2013 03:26

tea wrote:hi there! sounds interesting.. do you remember how the DC looked like? because i've opened a thread, talking about a very specific person which seems to show up in many people's dreams all over the world.
i'm not 100% if it's legit, but would you mind checking it out for a second, telling me whether the guy in the park looked like the person i'm talking about?

link to my thread: http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3357

thank you! :)


African American. Short black hair. Medium build. Maroon Polo shirt and brown khakis.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
tea
Posts: 366
Joined: 22 Feb 2013 12:36

Re: The Security Guard

Postby tea » 28 Feb 2013 08:51

Worldenterer1 wrote:African American. Short black hair. Medium build. Maroon Polo shirt and brown khakis.


oh i see.. well then, thanks! :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/


User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 01 Mar 2013 01:15

tea wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:African American. Short black hair. Medium build. Maroon Polo shirt and brown khakis.


oh i see.. well then, thanks! :)


Well, is he the guy you were hoping to find?
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: The Security Guard

Postby Worldenterer1 » 01 Mar 2013 02:02

tea wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:African American. Short black hair. Medium build. Maroon Polo shirt and brown khakis.


oh i see.. well then, thanks! :)


He looked almost exactly like this guy from the movie Die Hard.
Attachments
Argyle.jpg
Argyle.jpg (69.84 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.


Return to “Dream Characters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest