Has anyone ever seen an unknown DC in real life?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
dreamworld777

Has anyone ever seen an unknown DC in real life?

Postby dreamworld777 » 27 Feb 2013 16:41

I thought this would be a good thread to start to see if anyone has ever seen an unknown DC from their dreams in actual waking life...?

This happened to me and after hearing that this has happened to a few others,I think it would be great to share our experiences.

My dream (also posted in another thread here) took place a while ago and I dreamed that a man driving a red jeep cherokee drove up beside me as I was at an ATM (during the night) and he jumped out of his truck and began yelling at me and trying to get into my car.I had never seen this face in real life but was able to clearly see and remember every detail about him.White male,curly brown hair,brown leather jacket and he had a dog in his passenger seat (a doberman).His steering wheel was on the opposite side as if he had a foreign truck.I drove away quickly,scared to death.A little while later,I dreamed of this same man again,but the details about that dream weren't as clear although one thing was for sure,it was this same man.
After a time,in real waking life,I was driving with my husband and this same man,same truck,same dog and same opposite steering wheel drove right past me as I waited at a stop sign.No mistaking it..it was clearly and no doubt the same man.I told my husband about the dream and pointed to the truck as it was ahead in the traffic.The only thing my husband could say was that he recognized the steering wheel being on the opposite side,but he definitely didn't believe that this was the man from my dreams......it was quite frustrating that he didn't believe me,and still doesn't,but I do,to a point,understand why he finds it hard to believe...it's seems impossible.But it isn't because he was right there in real life....

I have never seen this man again in dreams or reality but cannot help but wonder who he is and how he could be in my dreams when I had never seen him before the dreams occurred.Has this happened to anyone on this forum? I would love to hear your experiences and if anyone was able to approach this person when they saw them in real life and how the conversation,if any,went......

Hope to get some interesting stories going here....I'm beginning to believe that there is alot more to these dream characters than we know...never thought that before,but since the day that I had this type of experience,my thinking has definitely shifted from just thinking that they are all made up from our thoughts....seems impossible to be just that when we encounter an unfamiliar dream character in reality.

Any stories? Any thoughts? Can't wait to hear ;)

Lewisfranklin

Re: Has anyone ever seen an unknown DC in real life?

Postby Lewisfranklin » 13 Mar 2013 01:37

I actually have dreamed about someone who I met the next day! In fact in the dream the personality was exactly the same and they looked exact. I am not sure if this specifically is a lucid dream but it was clear enough for me to remember some of it so I will just say it is for now as I am left undecided.

Basically I was nervous at the time haha, it was my first day of "Big school" tomorrow and I was so losing it! the thoughts of what will the teachers be like? who will be in my classes? and stuff of the nature clouded my thoughts and the entire night I was pretty much awake. I basically was trying to sleep but the nerves kept me up. It wasn't till around 2am-3am that I managed to fall asleep. By the way I checked the time and it was around 2:20am as this was the last time I checked but I remembered I was laying down awake for a long time so It may have been closer to 3am when I officially fell asleep.

Basically I fell asleep, the dream was hardly lucid and bits were a blur. Though suddenly I met this boy. He was my age. Horrible person he was, I watched as he bullied the other kids and I watched in fear of him. I remember seeing his face, he had blonde hair and looked rather confused at me. That's all I remember of that dream though when I saw him his face was extremely vivid and realistic throughout the dream.

The next day (After sleeping in a bit too long haha) :) I went into school and guess who was in my class? the guy called James with the same hair style and everything! I remembered in my dream I wanted to be his friend as I knew he would be popular but then he was really mean to me in school. He sounded the same as he did in my dream and in fact picked on me in a similar kind of way. I honestly feel like something was trying to warn me about this guy but I didn't listen and chose to try and befriend him. I still dislike him now, three years later. He is still a bully. Can you believe that? And yeah that's it really. I was just confused on how I dreamed of a mean person who was mean to me in reality the next day. What could have warned me about someone who I haven't seen or heard yet?

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 13 Mar 2013 05:16

This dream is related to the vehicles and money, You are getting something in future.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Mar 2013 06:04

I think this happened to me today. I was walking down the street and a woman came up to me and said, "Excuse me, can I ask you a simple question?" She had this blank, kind of far-off look on her face. I walked over to her and said "yes". Then she said "Could you tell me what day it is? I've been kind of confused." Then it gets weird because I could not for the life of me tell her what day it was. I did about 3 or 4 RCs. She is still looking at me the way that DCs do sometimes with this zombie-like stare. I looked at the calendar on my phone. She says, "With that, will you be able to tell me?" "Yes, it's Tuesday." Then she thanks me and says "Are you going to stay here." That made me feel really strange for a few seconds, like I didn't know what I was doing and where I was going. Did some more RCs. "No I'm going to continue walking home, but I can stay here if you need help." "No," she says, "I was just wondering if you were going to stay here." The whole thing was very strange and made me feel like it was a dream. I think she was a DC. Maybe she will show up in a dream sometime.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

R99

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 08:39

lucidinthe sky wrote:I think this happened to me today. I was walking down the street and a woman came up to me and said, "Excuse me, can I ask you a simple question?" She had this blank, kind of far-off look on her face. I walked over to her and said "yes". Then she said "Could you tell me what day it is? I've been kind of confused." Then it gets weird because I could not for the life of me tell her what day it was. I did about 3 or 4 RCs. She is still looking at me the way that DCs do sometimes with this zombie-like stare. I looked at the calendar on my phone. She says, "With that, will you be able to tell me?" "Yes, it's Tuesday." Then she thanks me and says "Are you going to stay here." That made me feel really strange for a few seconds, like I didn't know what I was doing and where I was going. Did some more RCs. "No I'm going to continue walking home, but I can stay here if you need help." "No," she says, "I was just wondering if you were going to stay here." The whole thing was very strange and made me feel like it was a dream. I think she was a DC. Maybe she will show up in a dream sometime.

wat??? really, it happened?? is she a short term memory patient? i doubt so? and u said u too confused??? thats shocking. and it made me wonder is that was a dream.??? too much ??? marks . :lol:
I see the Truth now.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 15 Mar 2013 01:49

So I see that I'm not the only one...thanks for all your replies...
I have no idea how it can be possible to see a dream character in real life,but I have no doubt that it happens.I think it's amazing!

Seeing the same guy from your dream the night before..that's incredible.I would also believe that it was some kind of warning for you.I've had dreams like that quite a few times but unfortunately would always just brush it off as a dream and pay no mind to it...I've definitely learned to pay close attention to my dreams.I think sometimes I may even pay too much attention to them...lol :lol:

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 15 Mar 2013 02:11

lucidinthe sky wrote:I think this happened to me today. I was walking down the street and a woman came up to me and said, "Excuse me, can I ask you a simple question?" She had this blank, kind of far-off look on her face. I walked over to her and said "yes". Then she said "Could you tell me what day it is? I've been kind of confused." Then it gets weird because I could not for the life of me tell her what day it was. I did about 3 or 4 RCs. She is still looking at me the way that DCs do sometimes with this zombie-like stare. I looked at the calendar on my phone. She says, "With that, will you be able to tell me?" "Yes, it's Tuesday." Then she thanks me and says "Are you going to stay here." That made me feel really strange for a few seconds, like I didn't know what I was doing and where I was going. Did some more RCs. "No I'm going to continue walking home, but I can stay here if you need help." "No," she says, "I was just wondering if you were going to stay here." The whole thing was very strange and made me feel like it was a dream. I think she was a DC. Maybe she will show up in a dream sometime.

That is so strange :o ...I would have felt the same way,like I may be dreaming.It's just not your typical conversation...perhaps she is a dream character.There's so much unknown about the whole dreamworld..I think anything is possible.That whole conversation you had with her reminds me of how people say that they go back or forward in time and they ask the people what year it is...funny thing is that she didn't seem to recognize your calendar and seemed surprised that you could know the day by looking at it.I wonder where she came from that she would seem confused by that....what time she was traveling from,if she were actually a dream character.Very interesting indeed!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Mar 2013 07:20

dreamworld777 wrote:That is so strange ...I would have felt the same way,like I may be dreaming.It's just not your typical conversation...perhaps she is a dream character.There's so much unknown about the whole dreamworld..I think anything is possible.That whole conversation you had with her reminds me of how people say that they go back or forward in time and they ask the people what year it is...funny thing is that she didn't seem to recognize your calendar and seemed surprised that you could know the day by looking at it.I wonder where she came from that she would seem confused by that....what time she was traveling from,if she were actually a dream character.Very interesting indeed!

It was really weird because she had this zombie-like look on her face, just like a lot of DCs do. And I've been noticing that my DCs have no concept of time. I had a time travelling LD and I kept asking a DC what year it was and just got this weird look like "what are you talking about". He had an understanding of event sequence, as in this happened at an earlier time, etc. but no concept of years. In the dream, I found a check book with month and day on every check, but no year on any.

Another weird thing is that as soon as this waking life woman started talking to me, I felt like it was dream and was disoriented. I partially lost track of what I was doing and where I was going. Thought she might say something like, "are we dreaming now?"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 07:57

dreamworld.. yes Ive had that happen to me. I've shared my experience in the past on other thread somewhere so wont go into it again in depth. I experienced a little girl in my dream and it turned out that child and what I experienced in dream was real as she ended up on the news, died in a fire short time after my dream.

Another weird thing is that as soon as this waking life woman started talking to me, I felt like it was dream and was disoriented. I partially lost track of what I was doing and where I was going. Thought she might say something like, "are we dreaming now?"

lol wouldnt that shock you if she said that.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ive never heard of anyone having on like that. It reminded me of a very strange day I had (I think it was late last year). I'd been having false awakening after false awakening (I had a lot of them in a row, over and over.. 5-6? cant remember now. it was like experiencing Ground Hogs day) where I was living half of my morning, doing my house cleaning etc, only then to suddenly realise I was dreaming.

It got to the point where I couldnt no longer trust if I was asleep or awake (and the reality checks were failing me)... the repeating of my morning so many times got quite disturbing. The last time I wake up (the last time for real)... I couldnt convince myself that I was actually awake as I had all this extremely odd stuff happen that day which one would expect would only happen in a dream. I spent nearly all day convinced I must be having yet another false awakening when I was truely awake. I found this very unsettling, the not knowing if I was asleep or awake.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”