The Shadow creature.

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Lewisfranklin

The Shadow creature.

Postby Lewisfranklin » 13 Mar 2013 00:09

Hey guys I just wanted to quickly share an old Dream character of mine with you all. I think you guys may find this quite interesting as this creature really did test my lucid skills and self control.

Basically over my Holiday a few months ago back in 2012 I had a Lucid dream every night. Each one becoming more impressive than the first and yet I didn't even try to go Lucid at all! Though around my third night of my holiday I was on the titanic. Not sure why but it was very beautiful :) The decorations were brilliant and none of the dream characters on the ship seemed to bother me.

Though it wasn't until I found the ships library that one dream nightmarish creature decided to mess with me. The creature looked horrible! it was a long tale and a jet black figure. Twigs stuck out of its shoulders and all I could see was it as a shadow with shimmering bright orange eyes that left trails of light whenever it moved around the library. The intimidating thing about this creature however was how fast it moved, it could easily pin me down and attack me and I remember it attacking me once or twice but this was before I turned completely Lucid and it was mainly blurry. I remember It knocked over shelves of books and completely pinned me to the ground! I was beyond petrified.

But then the creature stepped back into a wall and laughed at me. Its laugh was tormenting and it resembled the bullies in my school and how they used to taunt me. This only made me mad, not fear the creature. The creature continued to laugh until I shouted "ENOUGH" I felt so angry and my fists were clenched extremely tight. I began to yell at the creature, threatening it and warning it to quit its laughter. Yet it continued. I knew I could destroy the creature with just the thought of doing so yet I decided to play along with it. After yelling much at it it looked at me up close, it grinned and let out a horrific shriek. I was so mad at it at this point and I kept repeating the words "How dare you!" and "Who do you think you are?" This creature clearly resembled the bullying problem, I could tell even in the dream what it was doing.

It wasn't until the creatures laughter got extremely annoying, that I lunged forward to hurt it. I remember I paused when my first approached it, I felt embarrassed around the creature, its orange gaze mocked me. It wasn't scared of me? why would it be. It was trying to make me scared of it, but it was my dream and my world. This is when I knew I needed some assistance.

You see over my holiday I created a wand in my dreams, a very special wand that when It was equipped, I was more powerful with my lucid problems. For example I couldn't fly on my first night on Holiday and it really irritated me how the other creatures in my dream could. But with the wand in mind I drew pictures of in reality and I did dream about it almost every night of my two week holiday, each time it taught me new things. The wand was gorgeous, simple and unique. It was created out of an incredible purple wood with all shades of purple covering it. The wand had a small wooden sphere at the top and I remember how much it interest me. But anyways back to the dream :)

I summoned my wand. I felt its power enrich me just by touching it. The creature stopped in its tracks. I felt its fear surge through it. I was considering showing it mercy, and I did. I didn't want to kill it, besides I could feel how scared it was of me and if I bully it back it would make me just as bad. I knew what this figure was and it was the very nightmare that represents my lack of self confidence. I didn't want to destroy something, I wanted to mend it.

I was still quite angry at the creature however for disobeying me in my world. I remember a powerful surge of lightning struck a desk next to the creature from the sphere at the tip of my wand and the creature cowered in fear smashing into a book shelf that was behind it and chopping it in half as it pinned itself up against a wall just while I held the wand in its direction. I remember I spoke to it, but unfortunately I only remember me talking to it about my self confidence before I was returned to a normal dream state, forgetting the rest of our conversation.

But that's it really. This Shadow creature was a very unusual dream character who seemed to know I was in a Lucid dream and was attempting to ruin my lucid dream. I could tell it knew I was lucid, yet it felt like it was only on the titanic with me to stop my lucidity from happening...I guess in the end my dream did end non lucid but I think I made peace with it before I fell back into my sleep. I am still very interested in this wand however. Though now as my Holiday has been over for quite some time the wand hasn't been seen in my normal dreams and I fear my access to it has been removed as I returned to school. I have even searched for it, but knowing dreams its never that easy to find something you need.

Thanks for reading anyways and I hope you enjoyed learning about this shadow figure! (In case your wondering, I haven't seen it since that night) your welcome to comment your idea's on the creature, Its very interesting and so is the wand! What do you guys think it all meant?

oliverclay

Re: The Shadow creature.

Postby oliverclay » 13 Mar 2013 05:36

This is very long dream and very amazing, wonderful Sharing!

tea

Postby tea » 13 Mar 2013 12:15

awesome!

i think you pretty much mentioned the possible meanings of that dream (self confidence and stuff) and i gotta say it was cool to read how you kept the upper hand. the wand thing is great, i once thought about something similar but in the form of a ring.

have you tried turning around, expecting it to be there?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Mar 2013 18:37

yeah, cool dream. u kicked its ***. maybe ur subconscious was testing ur courage, that u think u possess, and u did well. kind of experience happened to me couple days ago, but in it, there is no figure. its just voice in my head. creepy experience.
I see the Truth now.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 13 Mar 2013 19:36

Cool dream. Funny, I had a dream a few weeks ago that involved a Shadow creature about to mess with me. But it wasnt as awesome as what you experienced
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 07:40

Your creature was in the ships "library".. library=place of learning. I see your experience as a learning experience.

Though now as my Holiday has been over for quite some time the wand hasn't been seen in my normal dreams and I fear my access to it has been removed as I returned to school. I have even searched for it, but knowing dreams its never that easy to find something you need.

Your wand isnt gone. its you yourself who is making it hard to find cause you are thinking it is gone. With our dreams we can create anything we really wish to.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lewisfranklin

Postby Lewisfranklin » 16 Mar 2013 01:47

tea wrote:awesome!

i think you pretty much mentioned the possible meanings of that dream (self confidence and stuff) and i gotta say it was cool to read how you kept the upper hand. the wand thing is great, i once thought about something similar but in the form of a ring.

have you tried turning around, expecting it to be there?

No I haven't actually, maybe that would be a good idea if I face it in the future. Though I haven't seen it for quite a while so I don't think me and that dream character will meet again unless I want to :)

Lewisfranklin

Postby Lewisfranklin » 16 Mar 2013 01:49

[/quote]

Your wand isnt gone. its you yourself who is making it hard to find cause you are thinking it is gone. With our dreams we can create anything we really wish to.[/quote]

Yes but I can't explain it. The wand was more than help it was incredible! I know you can normally bring things back in Lucid dreams but that's the thing, the wand helped my confidence in the lucid dream. It made me more capable of flying and controlling whereas without it I struggled much during the dream

Return to “Dream Characters”