Brain Plasticity and Lucid Dreaming

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
HAGART

Brain Plasticity and Lucid Dreaming

Postby HAGART » 02 Aug 2013 19:22

I wanted to write a good article about it and wondered if anyone else has put the two together. I looked it up on the 'interweb' and I am not alone and others have thought about this too. I encourage you all to look it up on your own.

The basic premise is that our brains are forever changing and creating new neural pathways. If you have ever had trouble trying to ride a bike and then learn how and never forget, that is a perfect example. It's also like muscle memory that athletes have and can hit a home run over and over again because it becomes second nature.

Lucid dreaming is very similar to that. Sometimes we need some training wheels with the use of aids such as supplements or binaural beats, but once you get the hang of it, you can ride that bike. And then even take it a step further and start doing stunt-bike tricks.

It's a good metaphor and brain plasticity is the key. I don't want to write about it, because I don't think I can do it justice, so look it up on your own. Many more people, more eloquent than I, have written about it!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Re: Brain Plasticity and Lucid Dreaming

Postby LucidLink » 04 Aug 2013 19:45

I agree with this, because it explains why I instantly began lucid dreaming as soon as I started trying. I didn't have to learn to lucid dream like most, it happened naturally to me as child through really vivid dreams and nightmares and my need to question everything!

I learned as a kid and never forgot, even though I stopped remembering my dreams all together for years and years Intill recently of course!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Dream Science”