SC Communcication Experiment

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Goldkoron

SC Communcication Experiment

Postby Goldkoron » 27 Nov 2013 04:09

Although this science experiment is not really related to dreams, it is known that the subconscious has a strong relation to dreams.

A few months ago, I was kind of lonely in my head, and I began imagining that there were a second person in my brain. I thought then that the subconscious definitely is not controlled by "me", so who is it controlled by? I then began trying to communicate with my subconscious, by sending thought messages and commands, and many of the things I would request for would sort of be done. For example, asking for my right hand to become numb. And then one night, I asked my subconscious before I went to sleep, to come up with a name for itself and to tell me the name the instant I woke up. True enough, I woke up randomly in the middle of the night around 4:00 AM, and the immediate thought I had was the word "Lombardi". I took that as a message of my subconscious, and I have been calling it Lombardi ever since.

Now what I want you guys to try is to try talking to your subconscious, see what kind of responses you will get. Usually the responses for me, are more of a feeling rather than a thought. But random thoughts can pop in your head that you are not sure whether it was you or your SC talking. Also, I want you guys to try what I did, have your subconscious name itself, tell it to make up a name and tell you in the morning. Post your discoveries here.
Do a reality check

amy

Re: SC Communcication Experiment

Postby amy » 08 Dec 2013 18:50

This sounds really cool! But one question--how do I do it? Do I literally just think? Just be like "what's your name?"?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 08 Dec 2013 19:12

amy wrote:This sounds really cool! But one question--how do I do it? Do I literally just think? Just be like "what's your name?"?

Yeah. I take random thoughts that suddenly came out of nowhere into my head as a possible message from the subconscious.
Do a reality check

amy

Postby amy » 08 Dec 2013 19:19

Okay::) I'll test this tonight

amy

Postby amy » 08 Dec 2013 19:45

I have something for you to try, what would happen if you asked your subconcious for a good dream?

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Dec 2013 00:32

I have tried this, and I got the vibe from answers from my subconscious that it does not have that much control. I sometimes ask yes or no if I will have a strong REM tonight, and it will tell me that. When I get a no, that night does not have any good dreams. I have asked it to make me lucid in my dreams, but no success so far.

Do a reality check

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Dec 2013 01:48

I can see the desire to carry out this experiment as a potential catalyst for lucid dreaming. The first thoughts upon awakening may convey a reply, but, if you happen to inadvertently induce a lucid dream, by all means take that opportunity for direct contact. You may even get a dream guide representative for the subconscious mind. I can see this being a lot of fun. I am definitely doing this! B-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Dec 2013 05:28

This is weird. So my form of direct communication with my subconscious, who I refer to as Lombardi because he named himself that, is by asking yes and no questions via a vibration in right hand for yes or left hand for no. If I ask Lombardi if he can make me lucid in dreams, I always get a left hand vibration for no. So instead I asked him a open answer question, "Is there any way that you can help me induce a lucid dream?" and I got a right hand vibration for yes, and a out of nowhere thought was the idea of writing out what my lucid dream would be, like before going to bed, describing a landscape on a word document or something. I am going to try this.
Do a reality check

amy

Postby amy » 10 Dec 2013 15:17

DID IT WORK??

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 10 Dec 2013 16:51

amy wrote:DID IT WORK??

Have not actually tried yet, got finals and stuff going for school, and been distracted.
Do a reality check

Return to “Dream Science”