Can We Access Forgotten Memories in a Lucid Dream?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

Re: Can We Access Forgotten Memories in a Lucid Dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jun 2014 11:23

:lol: Yeah way off. I think this is a great experiment. I dont seem to have a photographic memory at all but Im sure its all buried in my subconciousness somewhere to be found.

One thing I know before I even try this, is that with my usually completely uncooperative DCs, I have fat chance of getting an answer on something like this from them so wouldnt try there. I think if I ever try this (which I will sometime), I think how I'd probably go about this by trying to watch the same thing again on LD TV.

better luck next time.

i think too that if doing something like this, you'll need to not put your own waking interputations onto it as its just likely to drag one further away from the goal. (umm I wonder if I could RV in a dream??? Ive never tried that. Seeing something one saw on TV again should be able to be RV coordinate as long as you clearly put out what your intent is.. to see the number plate again).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2014 03:47

I still think we record everything we experience, but those with photographic memory simply have access to it, which most of us don't. But it all gets recorded somewhere up there in our cranium, and being in touch with our subconscious in a Lucid Dream state is a great tool to get that information.

Although I failed in my attempts I still think it's possible. And 2-3 attempts is not enough to be conclusive.

This specific experiment is over because I already looked up the answer, but feel free to try your own variation.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby selle » 16 Oct 2014 20:46

sound very cool:)
A enthusiast when it comes to Lucid Dreaming, eager to get more experience on the subject! My website is

Return to “Dream Science”