Effect on Dreams in Zero-G

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Jackson

Effect on Dreams in Zero-G

Postby Jackson » 17 Jul 2014 23:34

Just had an intriguing thought *points at title*, and I just thought I would share it with all of you guys. I really have absolutely no idea what would happen, but it certainly is a fun idea! :)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

HAGART

Re: Effect on Dreams in Zero-G

Postby HAGART » 19 Jul 2014 10:12

So you're asking, "what would it be like to dream in space with no gravity?"
Interesting question since blood flow carries oxygen to the brain and I bet the circulatory system can get messed up in Zero-G. And the brain, which uses oxygen as fuel, is where dreams are generated.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers. To say, I don't know is actually kind of smart. But I must say, I don't know, and probably never will, since I'm not planning to go up there. I would get claustrophobic and get space madness! But here on the ground we can think about it hypothetically for fun.

One thing I do know is that when people experience a high G-Force they pass out due to lack of blood (oxygen), but what about Zero-G? We are so use to 1-G (Earth) I bet being on either sides of 1-G would mess up our heads a bit, and that's all I can say. I actually don't know, but it's a good question when you think about it! And I'll be thinking still about this even after I 'submit' it.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

selle

Re: Effect on Dreams in Zero-G

Postby selle » 16 Oct 2014 20:51

what an awesome idea I think!
A enthusiast when it comes to Lucid Dreaming, eager to get more experience on the subject! My website is http://learndreamcontrol.com

Return to “Dream Science”