Life after death?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Summerlander

Re: Life after death?

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jan 2015 11:48

Go back and revise this thread and you my also read "False Awakening or OBE" where this evidence has been pointed out time and again. 150 years of neuroscience is quite telling. Also, just ask the families of the brain damaged and mentally afflicted. And to append, only about twenty percent of those who suffer traumatic accidents report NDEs (which, contrary to New Age belief, the brain is still active) while the majority say they experienced nothing. NDEs are nothing but hallucinations gdnerated by a traumatised brain. This is a feeble reason to use as evidence for life after death.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jan 2015 21:00

In the simplest terms all NDE are just that, they are near death not death and come back and all experienced in a living body and brain.
As profound as they are and as much as it would be nice to see this a proof it sits in the arena of belief for now
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 00:14

I find it humorous how some continue to reject the idea of an existence beyond the end of corporeal life. I wonder if it is nature or nurture?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Jan 2015 00:50

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Jan 2015 01:10

It's nature, buildit. But not in the way you think. Nature shows us the absence of the postulated elan vital and us sceptics point this out to Spiritualists, New Agers, and the religious. And then again nature makes most of us afraid of death, which, as Freud pointed out, causes people like you to hold on to the comfortable fantasy for dear life. In your case it might be both.

Not only is the afterlife belief absurd against all the substantial opposing evidence, I am also glad that an actual spirit realm is extremely unlikely. It means that we are spared the horrifying tedium and agonising madness concommitant with eternal consciousness. :-)

Immortality is not true, and if it were, it would be a curse.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Jan 2015 02:29

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 03:23

Summerlander wrote:Immortality is not true, and if it were, it would be a curse.

Only to those whose lives are build upon the desires and wants of a corporeal existence.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Jan 2015 03:34

buildit wrote:
Summerlander wrote:Immortality is not true, and if it were, it would be a curse.

Only to those whose lives are build upon the desires and wants of a corporeal existence.

Eh not quite Buildit. How about those who are handicapped and don't desire to be handicapped for eternity? Or those who are sick and cannot be cured of the illness. Why not think about that for a second?
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Jan 2015 04:09

nesgirl wrote:Eh not quite Buildit. How about those who are handicapped and don't desire to be handicapped for eternity? Or those who are sick and cannot be cured of the illness. Why not think about that for a second?

I am oddly quite certain than any afterlife would not mirror our corporeal existence. For example, is your Lucid Dream environment identical to reality? I suspect our lucid dreams are a preparatory stage towards non-corporeal existence.

On the plus side sex appears to be irrelevant in a non-corporeal life. ;) Think how upset Summerland would be. :lol:

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Jan 2015 04:16

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Dream Science”