New Neuroscience Study on Lucid Dreaming at UW Madison

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Peter

Re: New Neuroscience Study on Lucid Dreaming at UW Madison

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2014 07:39

LOL - very good.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 26 Nov 2014 05:08

Hi Ben

There are most certainly major differences in brain states depending on which stage of sleep they occur in and what sort of lucid dream they are. Hypnagogia, hypnagogic images (abbreviated HI here) kick off all Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams; followed by NREM dreams and finally by REM dreams. WILDs can be preceded by Sleep Paralysis or not. It would be very desirable to have SP tested with EEGs and brain scans and determine once and for all whether or not it's a dream state or not. It would be great to know whether or not the brain states in OBE are identical to LD too.

Some lucid dreamers are aware of the real world at the same time they're in a Lucid dream - again it would be great to see if there's any difference between their brain states and other lucid dreamers too. I've been in a WILD while hooked up to an EEG machine. I went through HI and got stuck in NREM dreams as the bed was too uncomfortable to enter REM dreams. I was aware of both the real world and the world of dreams and did ask if the machine showed I was awake or not.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

R99

Postby R99 » 26 Nov 2014 09:30

Snaggle wrote:Some lucid dreamers are aware of the real world at the same time they're in a Lucid dream - again it would be great to see if there's any difference between their brain states and other lucid dreamers too. I've been in a WILD while hooked up to an EEG machine. I went through HI and got stuck in NREM dreams as the bed was too uncomfortable to enter REM dreams. I was aware of both the real world and the world of dreams and did ask if the machine showed I was awake or not.

I accidentally trigger this state 2 years back, but it was only one time. i think it was luck. while i was in a LD , my mom shouted at me to wake up from downstairs. but i was in middle of my LD so i shouted back to mom to shut up. and instead of ending the dream. i continued. it....
I see the Truth now.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 28 Nov 2014 15:38

R99 wrote:
Snaggle wrote:Some lucid dreamers are aware of the real world at the same time they're in a Lucid dream - again it would be great to see if there's any difference between their brain states and other lucid dreamers too. I've been in a WILD while hooked up to an EEG machine. I went through HI and got stuck in NREM dreams as the bed was too uncomfortable to enter REM dreams. I was aware of both the real world and the world of dreams and did ask if the machine showed I was awake or not.

I accidentally trigger this state 2 years back, but it was only one time. i think it was luck. while i was in a LD , my mom shouted at me to wake up from downstairs. but i was in middle of my LD so i shouted back to mom to shut up. and instead of ending the dream. i continued. it....

xD
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Return to “Dream Science”