New study about Lucid Dreaming..

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
R99

New study about Lucid Dreaming..

Postby R99 » 29 Jan 2015 06:05

Am just going to share it here.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-brains-of-lucid-dreamers/
I see the Truth now.

Philosopher8659

Re: New study about Lucid Dreaming..

Postby Philosopher8659 » 17 Feb 2015 16:17

Seems I was right. Lucid Dreaming is a functional evolutionary step.

There is then a real physical, and thus psychological distinction in lucid dreamers. The problem is, most web sites will not tolerate that psychological distinction actually being expressed. It is simply not "normal"
There is also the effect of being born into a social structure and trying to fit into it, when in fact, one is trying to evolve beyond it. Lucid dreamers can be expected to demonstrate higher levels of emotional stress because of it. It is a highly complicated situation.

A historical note: This process of differentiation in a species did not and is not happening over night.
There is a distinction in comprehension between man and man. That this distinction will occur in history was written of. One can take the Judeo-Christian Scripture as religious rubbish, or as religion, or one can actually take what is written, in a language usage not common to the common man.

What I learned from the Book, is that the metaphorical content refers to biological fact and biological history of the human race. It is written to perform many psychological functions.

Things to study, though, to exercise advanced reasoning is the Book, but an easier approach is the dialogs of Plato. He uses language not common, nor comprehensible on many levels to the common man. Works of higher metaphorical content will generate mountains of mythology by those who cannot comprehend, and these people one has to face in their daily life.

It is difficult not to be rude to them, but sometimes being rude is the only language they understand.
It may even get one kicked off a Lucid Dreaming website. Mods, more often than not, look at fashionable opportunity and do not comprehend the complexities of the situation. Don't worry about it. Things will not happen overnight, and there is plenty to do. Try to keep in mind, the differentiation has a very long history, the goal is a functional species on this planet. One that can actually do the job of maintaining and promoting life on this planet. It cannot be done through mythology, nor laziness in self education. If one does recognize the purpose of it, then one may take to quietly helping with the process.
One of those steps is self-realization. The mind, like every other environmental acquisition system, has a specific job to do, and specific means. What we can do to maintain and promote that is crucial. A realistic doctrine based on biological fact actually incorporates metaphor. Metaphor exercises the mind and aids in our functioning. The mind of one not so sharp jumps to social mythology. A real mind ponders functional fact related to our own work.

I do present a new kind of mathematics, analog mathematics. I have even composed whole works in it. A common mind will see simply figures, lines, meaningless lines, and pointless, or incomprehensible equations. But for a different kind of mind, one reads both, and sees the identity of one with the other. One learns to say what they see, to abstract the common idea. I first wrote The Delian Quest, and put out more than one version of it. In doing that work, I discovered analog mathematics, a form of mathematics sought for from at least the time the Elements were written. No one was able to figure it out. I did, and post examples and my current work in it. It is elementary to seeing the common idea in the many examples. A way to exercise linguistic functionality.
By understanding the basics of language, a child can disprove Einstein. However, since a common mind cannot grasp the basics, they just keep on grazing.

Just keep in mind, there is a real physical difference in the mind, and real psychological differences. These will cause quite a bit of friction in life. Do not expect a life of roses.
Real lucid dreamers may present a biological superiority of the mind, but factually we are in the minority, and until we figure out what is going on within ourselves, we are very confused.

What we need is a website that recognizes the facts. Aids in our education, a real home based on the real fact that what we need is exercise, not fantasy.

In normal life, criticism, and language is haltered, it is considered rude, one must keep up appearances, but for a mind, a real mind, examine the dialogs of Plato. Or even example the words of the Book. That type of language is censored on almost every website, but is essential to exercise. Nonsense is actually encouraged in modern communication, but valid criticism considered rude. How backward.

Well, we can certainly, as the article does, simply say we are a glitch in the machine, or, we can refer to the definition of the mind and see it does make us more functional.

glitchy. Maybe I should have said better taste and less filling. oh well. So, a glitch predicted long ago actually happens, but according to modern science, increased self awareness serves no real function. I wish I could think so well. But, look at evolution! First there were Ox's now there are oxymorons.

taniaaust1

Re: New study about Lucid Dreaming..

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2015 02:52

Nonsense is actually encouraged in modern communication, but valid criticism considered rude. How backward.

:)

So, a glitch predicted long ago actually happens, but according to modern science, increased self awareness serves no real function. I wish I could think so well. But, look at evolution! First there were Ox's now there are oxymorons.

:lol:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Science”