Wouldn't it be crazy if...

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
ghost kid

Wouldn't it be crazy if...

Postby ghost kid » 08 Feb 2016 02:01

science proved god through lucid dreaming! :)

Enra Traz

Re: Wouldn't it be crazy if...

Postby Enra Traz » 10 Feb 2016 22:10

I've got another question: What would constitute proof of God through lucid dreaming?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

ghost kid

Postby ghost kid » 14 Feb 2016 22:41

Enra Traz wrote:I've got another question: What would constitute proof of God through lucid dreaming?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I am not sure.What would prove it to you personally? :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2016 18:11

I really don't think anything in a lucid dream could convince me of the existence of God; I would be inclined to think, as a sceptic, that the most likely explanation for any given numinous experience via lucid dreaming would be a product of my own mind. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Cara6190

Postby Cara6190 » 25 Aug 2016 02:41

I think this has happened before, actually (or, I should say, apparently). In the Bible, many people had visions where God told them to do something and they did it and it played out like God said it would. I'm just mentioning the Bible because I think the type of thing you are describing would play out like such an event described in the Bible; namely, that in the lucid dream God would tell you something and in real life that thing actually happens. Of course, such an event would only prove God's existence to you as the person who actually experienced the lucid dream (and even then it might take it happening a couple of times before you ruled out the possibility of coincidence, depending on your level of skepticism).

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Aug 2016 02:14

Cara6190 wrote:Of course, such an event [prophecy as in the Bible] would only prove God's existence to you as the person who actually experienced the lucid dream.
Last edited by Pilgrim on 26 Aug 2016 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 26 Aug 2016 02:19

Good point about limiting the extent of relevance.

Also, the extent of proof to self should be given proper weight. Power for precognition, of itself, does not necessitate even a good source. Experience is nice, but should be secondary to more objective witness, such as redemptive history. I refer to the messianic milieu out of ancient writings, and potential association to Jesus.

John the Baptist, from prison, sent people to Jesus to ask: "Are you the one ...to come, or should we expect someone else?" (Luke 7:18). Rather than blast John as a doubting unbeliever, Jesus said that no greater human ever existed (Luke 7:28). Honest doubt and inquiry can lead to stronger beliefs.

Eddlm

Postby Eddlm » 29 Aug 2016 05:06

It would actually prove that God is made up by your imagination, which would draw a lot of snarky smiles.

In all seriousness, lucid dreams couldn't prove the existence of an external, divine being due to their very nature: the brain doing its thing, concealed inside your skull.

Unless you believe in concepts like astral projection and other paranormal things, of course. Then, God has probably proven its existence to a lot of people already! And through lucid dreams.
Infrequent lucid dreamer. Still learning about it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Aug 2016 11:15

My thoughts exactly! ^^ :)

God was murdered here:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15030
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 10 Jun 2017 14:45

I bet I know someone who can make you believe anything.

Return to “Dream Science”