I keep hearing my tooth break.

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Carter Blunt

I keep hearing my tooth break.

Postby Carter Blunt » 08 Feb 2016 09:16

I have a chipped tooth, and over the past week or so I've felt it break right when I wake up. It's a really loud sound, and it makes me cringe a little. I'm guessing this is exactly how it felt when it first broke... no pain, just a little cringeworthy feeling in my shoulders and the base of my skull. I think this is a left over memory from when it first happened, which was over a decade ago. But all of a sudden, I'm feeling it again. It's happened probably 3 times now. I had the chipped part fixed before, but that fell off a few months ago. I don't wanna go to the dentist and blow my savings on it, but maybe it will help? Anyone heard of this type of thing?

ThePurple

Re: I keep hearing my tooth break.

Postby ThePurple » 18 Feb 2016 02:43

It sounds like you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep. Many people who do so wake themselves up with the sound of it. Repairing the chip I doubt will make this stop happening, though if it's exposing the tooth pulp, you should for health reasons.

There are guards you can wear to prevent further damage and terrible sounds, though they can also cause or exacerbate jaw issues. The best solution long term is to get at the cause, that is, actively eliminate stress in your life. Easier said than done!

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 18 Feb 2016 14:04

You are turning into Lloyd played by Jim Carrey in 'Dumb and Dumber'.:mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 10 Jun 2017 15:40

Lucille Ball heard a song coming from her tooth while driving home from the dentist. In all fairness, I think her tooth is a radio, seeing how the radio in her car was not on.
Hope this helps.

Return to “Dream Science”