Interesting study on hypnosis induced OBE's

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Summerlander

Re: Interesting study on hypnosis induced OBE's

Postby Summerlander » 10 Apr 2017 01:04

Is this you playing devil's advocate again, Sam Wise? :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 10 Apr 2017 01:18

Samwise wrote:I get your point here, but I not sure just subscribing such events to random chance...especially given how seemingly extremely unlikely one would experience such events objectively...is perhaps the best option here. I do see where you're coming from, but if you have experienced seemingly clear objective but otherwise impossible to observe things...not just once but on multiple occasions...perhaps it would be worthwhile to contemplate other possible explanatory mechanisms for how such things occur? Subscribing it purely to the workings of chance alone could be a bit of a cop out.

Do you know what the odds of flipping 100 heads or tails in a row are? The odds are 1 in 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376. Yes seriously, those are the odds of flipping 100 heads or tails in a row, and yet there was one time, I was still able to flip 100 tails in a row. While chance does seem a bit of a cop out, that's the best theory I have to describe how dream spying could possibly happen.
That's the best theory and probably the most logical I can come up with for those dream spying incidents I have. My lucid dream friends all had incidents of dream spying as well.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Apr 2017 01:44

Lucide, you can teach him about odds and probability theory if you like but you know Sam Wise is more likely to fall for the gambler's fallacy, don't you? :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 11 Apr 2017 02:15

Summerlander wrote:Lucide, you can teach him about odds and probability theory if you like but you know Sam Wise is more likely to fall for the gambler's fallacy, don't you? :mrgreen:

Yes I know.
You know that dream spying, dreams of the past, precog dreams, and deja vu all fall under the odds and probability theory. What it means, is that they are all real, but what they are all dependent on is if the odds fall in a users favor or not.
While it seems kind of odd to him I have had many spying episodes, I think of all those spying episodes very similarly to when I flipped 100 tails. Many users would say, "That's impossible, you cannot do that!" However, some people can do that.
I've seen this gambler's fallacy work very similarly in Pokemon with the shiny Pokemon catching with a 1 in 8192 chance. Some players will catch many shiny Pokemon while playing the game, with a few even encountering one on their first or second encounter. Some maybe 1 or 2. Many players will never even encounter a shiny Pokemon in their experience of playing the game. Does this seem coincidental?
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 10 Jun 2017 14:29

hypnosis is bull@#%!. Believe what you want. Your mind is the lock and the lock young, they have the key and the key is old. Very old!

Return to “Dream Science”