Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
User avatar
RedKryptonite
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 02:26

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby RedKryptonite » 22 Aug 2017 09:16

@lucidé
Wow,you were treated even worse than I was. Unfortunately,there are evil people out there who enjoy torturing others. Here's a quote from Rory Miller,one of the best self-defense instructors on the planet:

“The only defense against violent, evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence.” - Rory Miller.

I couldn't agree more. This is also why I despise the sheep who spout the "Violence is never the answer" bullshit. In many cases,people who say this are "Fake Pacifists." They are not like true pacifists who are indeed peaceful and respect to everyone,they are just cowards who feel they should be able to verbally/emotionally abuse others without fear of physical retaliation. Here's an article by Marc Macyoung,another excellent self-defense instructor,about these kinds of low-lives:

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/violentsolution.htm
(BTW he was the guy who gave me the stern lecturing after I told him my story 2 years ago. but it was more because I went too far with my actions rather than my decision to retaliate. He knows that there are indeed times that violence is a legitimate solution)

I suppose all I can say now is,lets just be glad that horrible part of our lives is in the past and that we now live much happier and peaceful lives. My life may not be perfect right now,but it is light years ahead of where I was as a child.

I'm just curious,but what Martial art do you practice?

I'm an Atheist now btw,may I ask if you're the same? (Yeah,religion also forced me not to fight back earlier,the whole stupid "turn the other cheek" virtue. :roll: Its one of the many ways of how religion reduced my quality of life until one day I realized it was BS and I threw it away. I ranted about religion elsewhere,so I'll leave it alone here)

lucidé
Posts: 525
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby lucidé » 22 Aug 2017 16:50

RedKryptonite wrote:@lucidé
Wow,you were treated even worse than I was. Unfortunately,there are evil people out there who enjoy torturing others. Here's a quote from Rory Miller,one of the best self-defense instructors on the planet:

“The only defense against violent, evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence.” - Rory Miller.


While I don't like resorting to violence, if I must I will resort to such. In my martial arts, I also know defensive moves if the situation doesn't require I use violence, but in the situation in middle school where I was constantly attacked, I would have been required to fight back. I have abilities now I didn't before, where I can slap the wall so I take less damage (although the teachers could get mad at me for damaging their wall). One of the biggest problems I had with fighting back was there were too many of them attacking me at once. You dealt with one bully while I often dealt with a group of 8-10 of them, and it's really hard unless you are a really high level black belt to take on that many at once.

I couldn't agree more. This is also why I despise the sheep who spout the "Violence is never the answer" bullshit. In many cases,people who say this are "Fake Pacifists." They are not like true pacifists who are indeed peaceful and respect to everyone,they are just cowards who feel they should be able to verbally/emotionally abuse others without fear of physical retaliation. Here's an article by Marc Macyoung,another excellent self-defense instructor,about these kinds of low-lives:

I believe violence is the answer as a last resort, but I will use defensive moves most of the time if the situation isn't a critical one. If it isn't the middle school (which it had hallways that allowed my bullies to gang up from different sides and pounce on me), I can usually rely on my speed and running in zig zags to get away (I used to use that running speed to win races as a kid, so that speed I use to get away from bullies is no slouch). As far as the violence is never the answer, I believe SOME organizations only prevent you from taking the martial arts to protect yourself, only because they want to bully you themselves. Not only is this a problem, but there is also this sexist problem where they believe the opposite gender shouldn't be allowed to fight back, but just believe me when I say that the opposite gender gets beat up on just as much. The whole "don't hit a girl" is a lie, as in middle and sometimes high school, some guys will hit and beat up girls just because they can, leaving some of them to hide in the girl's room, and what makes it worse is that Obama made it legal for these bullies to go into the girl's room and beat them up in there (bathroom laws). I don't mind the transgenders, but they need to keep the bullies and the guys who just want to stare at my body out of the bathrooms.



I'm an Atheist now btw,may I ask if you're the same? (Yeah,religion also forced me not to fight back earlier,the whole stupid "turn the other cheek" virtue. :roll: Its one of the many ways of how religion reduced my quality of life until one day I realized it was BS and I threw it away. I ranted about religion elsewhere,so I'll leave it alone here)
[/quote]

I never reveal what I am in public. Just because I believe it's no one's concern to know what I am, just to accept what I am without knowing what I am. If they never find out what I am, then there is no side that hates me. One of the good things about being in the US is you can say this.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
RedKryptonite
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 02:26

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby RedKryptonite » 22 Aug 2017 21:41

lucidé wrote:While I don't like resorting to violence, if I must I will resort to such. In my martial arts, I also know defensive moves if the situation doesn't require I use violence, but in the situation in middle school where I was constantly attacked, I would have been required to fight back. I have abilities now I didn't before, where I can slap the wall so I take less damage (although the teachers could get mad at me for damaging their wall). One of the biggest problems I had with fighting back was there were too many of them attacking me at once. You dealt with one bully while I often dealt with a group of 8-10 of them, and it's really hard unless you are a really high level black belt to take on that many at once.

You're absolutely correct. Fighting multiple dedicated attackers is a losing preposition,even skilled fighters are often defeated in such situations. The good news though is,in many cases,especially with school bullies,they are not all that dedicated. Many bullies want punching bags,but they don't want to risk serious injury to themselves. If you have the willingness and ability to inflict serious harm on them,many will decide not to go for it. This was how I dealt with groups in the few cases I had to,I intimidated them. However,as you've said,you neither had the knowledge nor the physical skill/ability to do that in your youth,I suppose we can't really do anything about the past now. (Though I suppose it would be nice to go back in time and teach your younger self the skill you have now if it were possible)

I believe violence is the answer as a last resort, but I will use defensive moves most of the time if the situation isn't a critical one. If it isn't the middle school (which it had hallways that allowed my bullies to gang up from different sides and pounce on me), I can usually rely on my speed and running in zig zags to get away (I used to use that running speed to win races as a kid, so that speed I use to get away from bullies is no slouch). As far as the violence is never the answer, I believe SOME organizations only prevent you from taking the martial arts to protect yourself, only because they want to bully you themselves. Not only is this a problem, but there is also this sexist problem where they believe the opposite gender shouldn't be allowed to fight back, but just believe me when I say that the opposite gender gets beat up on just as much. The whole "don't hit a girl" is a lie, as in middle and sometimes high school, some guys will hit and beat up girls just because they can, leaving some of them to hide in the girl's room, and what makes it worse is that Obama made it legal for these bullies to go into the girl's room and beat them up in there (bathroom laws). I don't mind the transgenders, but they need to keep the bullies and the guys who just want to stare at my body out of the bathrooms.

The ability to run away from danger is one of the most important self-defense skills you will ever have,so its good you developed that skill to a high degree. There are indeed legal consequences from engaging in physical conflicts so in most cases outside of school(where you're stuck with the bullies. and thus,violence may be necessary to keep them off your back),you're indeed better off trying to get away than engage.

I haven't had experience with meeting guys who liked hurting girls but I've read multiple cases of such men,and indeed,some guys are so weak and pathetic that they feel the need to take their frustrations out on those physically weaker than them,in this case,the women. I hope I never personally meet such people,they are disgusting.

I never reveal what I am in public. Just because I believe it's no one's concern to know what I am, just to accept what I am without knowing what I am. If they never find out what I am, then there is no side that hates me. One of the good things about being in the US is you can say this.

No problemo,part of the beauty of the internet is the ability to be anonymous. I can perfectly understand that. Regardless,I'm sure we'll get along quite well in this forum. see you around :)

lucidé
Posts: 525
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby lucidé » 23 Aug 2017 02:30

RedKryptonite wrote:You're absolutely correct. Fighting multiple dedicated attackers is a losing preposition,even skilled fighters are often defeated in such situations. The good news though is,in many cases,especially with school bullies,they are not all that dedicated. Many bullies want punching bags,but they don't want to risk serious injury to themselves. If you have the willingness and ability to inflict serious harm on them,many will decide not to go for it. This was how I dealt with groups in the few cases I had to,I intimidated them. However,as you've said,you neither had the knowledge nor the physical skill/ability to do that in your youth,I suppose we can't really do anything about the past now. (Though I suppose it would be nice to go back in time and teach your younger self the skill you have now if it were possible)

I was taught in my youth on how to evade and dodge attacks and run away really fast, but when there were 10 bullies who planned out an attack against me in the hallways, there wasn't anything I could do when several was on one side chasing me, and several were waiting to ambush me kind of like lions. Part of the problem was I was taught when I was younger how wrong violence was by a religion, but then they ended up bullying me in return. I didn't have problems in any of the other messages they taught. I only had problems that they were being cruel to me, and also to other people who had handicaps for no real reason. I only wanted to leave because I was tired of going somewhere I didn't have to go, only to get bullied even more every week. When I finally left, the leader of that religion threatened to sue my family.


The ability to run away from danger is one of the most important self-defense skills you will ever have,so its good you developed that skill to a high degree. There are indeed legal consequences from engaging in physical conflicts so in most cases outside of school(where you're stuck with the bullies. and thus,violence may be necessary to keep them off your back),you're indeed better off trying to get away than engage.

I am increasing my running skills more and more in the martial arts. They are teaching me to run longer distances (such as miles), and to run even after doing heavy workouts. A few other things like with my house I attempt to do is set a very complicated obstacle course to my door that requires the martial arts in order to get to my door. If a robber made a mistake, he'd get badly hurt, as I have left sharp objects and easy ways to trip and fall on them around those obstacles. Screw Home Alone, the best way to protect your property is to build an obstacle course to the front of your door, and the only ones who can get there are those who are really skilled at the martial arts.

I haven't had experience with meeting guys who liked hurting girls but I've read multiple cases of such men,and indeed,some guys are so weak and pathetic that they feel the need to take their frustrations out on those physically weaker than them,in this case,the women. I hope I never personally meet such people,they are disgusting.


No problemo,part of the beauty of the internet is the ability to be anonymous. I can perfectly understand that. Regardless,I'm sure we'll get along quite well in this forum. see you around :)

Here's the thing, I believe whether someone is religious or not, there will always be a problem with discrimination, which is why bullying exists, which is why I believe the government needs to do something lawfully against it. What the government needs to do, regardless of Amendment 1, is make bullying of any kind completely illegal, and if a religion, club, school, organization, bar, or any place is caught discriminating or having any form of bullying in it, the could be slapped with a fine (yes they'll have to pay the government), and the leader of that place could face jail time. I want people, no matter what school, club, organization, etc. to feel safe, and not be afraid they are going to be attacked like you or I were. Personally I don't care what school, organization, or club they decide to join, I believe discrimination and bullying need to be addressed, no matter what.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
RedKryptonite
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 02:26

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby RedKryptonite » 23 Aug 2017 11:36

@lucidé
Damn,glad to see you've cut your connections with those religious extremists,they will only effect affect your life in negative ways. (How exactly do you sue someone for leaving your religion? :lol: )
I've cut my connections with my high school,though I didn't do it vocally and did it by letting time pass and being unavailable as much as I can. every time I encounter my old classmates,I simply politely interact with them as briefly as I can. (or if the interaction goes longer than I'd like,simply act cool and make up a reason to go)
Every time I get invitation to go to a party or school reunion,I pretend to accept the message but never actually go there. Thankfully over the years,the invitations have largely stopped coming. and I rarely ever come across my old classmates anymore.

I have to warn you though,that obstacle course in your house might not be legal. If you want to build a good home security,here's a couple of very good articles from Marc Macyoung's website:
https://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/homesecurity.html (This is about the safety measures you can take)
https://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/propertycrime.html
https://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/saferoom.htm

If you really want to go further beyond,here are some books for home security recommended by that website:
http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/NNSDhomesecurity.htm

If you're really serious about self-defense,you should read the other articles related to your circumstances and needs (not ALL of them,there's just way too many of them,most of them probably not related to your problems),but I'll leave that decision up to you. again,just a friendly reminder. I wouldn't want you to accidentally go to jail over giving a bad guy what they deserve. (its happened to a lot of people,unfortunately)

(WARNING...long wall of text coming,feel free whether or not to read and discuss this point of view of mine. you can ignore it if you wish)

I would love bullying and discrimination to be abolished from this world forever,but your idea by itself would be flawed. Primarily because the victim should still be required to present evidence of said bullying happening,which might not be so simple to acquire depending on the circumstances. (although the presence of modern smartphones will help greatly. Like if a group is harassing you,you can just pull out your smartphone and they will stop. if they try to physically stop the victim from getting their phones out,they've escalated from mere bullying to physical assault or even robbery.)

If we just take their word for it...remember that many people will willingly lie/exaggerate to suit their agenda. (For example,a woman I politely rejected could accuse me of discrimination,and distort the facts to present me as such. even though I have every right to choose my partner. BTW this isn't uncommon,a lot of people,both men and women,don't take rejection well)

While your idea is good,I think it should be combined with these additional ideas:

-Create a private home school system,one that could allow potential victims of bullying to learn under a competent teacher. (or teachers,if multiple are needed) to teach them not only the social skills needed to function in society,but also the other important subjects needed to function in society. They can do this either by themselves or in a small class from 5-15 (at least small enough to be easily observable to tell when bullying is going on. although this shouldn't happen too often because many students who will be attending this kind of school are going to be recent victims of bullying,and have the empathy not to inflict that kind of suffering on others.)

They can attend this school system until they are either socially competent enough to go back to regular school,or spend the rest of their school years there. Wanna know where I got this idea? the visual/fictional novel Grisaia no Kajitsu. The story takes place in "Mihama Academy",a school populated by 6 students(including the protagonist),who are all eccentrics in their own right(you can search it elsewhere if you're interested) while having a school populated by only 6 students is a tad extreme,this idea can be edited for practicality,but discussing it here in detail would make my already long message even longer. You can do the mental math.

-Teach potential victims effective self-defense ability. Simply put,no one is omnipresent and can always protect the victim. they have to learn how to protect themselves if they intend to go back to normal school. however,if said victim cannot defend themselves for some reason(physical or psychological disadvantages),their best choice is the private home school system I mentioned earlier.

Either they can do this until they can handle themselves in social situations or spend the rest of their school years there. (BTW check out Gracie Bullyproof,at least we now have a good martial arts organization who are helping victims of bullying. they've already saved multiple victims. I have some disagreement with their approach,but its far better than nothing)

-Parents/Couples should be required to take parenting training(and pass)before being allowed to reproduce or adopt. Many bad kids were developed because of incompetent parents and of course,abuse. I feel this implementation will result in the largest reduction of not only bullies,but dangerous/violent criminals in general. (I think this would be the best and most realistic implementation of all,but its still not perfect)

Unfortunately,probably none of this is gonna happen anytime soon,even though it would save so many victims(of bullying AND violent crime) despite there still being flaws in my ideas,as some families are so poor that they won't be able to afford the private school system unless the government decides to make it free. (but then again,such families should have refrained from having children until they've fixed their financial problems. but that's a topic/problem for another day,and a good parenting program should address this).

Nonetheless,the implementation of your idea + my additional ideas should help reduce both bullying and crime by a significant amount.

Man,I wrote a lot. :lol:

lucidé
Posts: 525
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby lucidé » 23 Aug 2017 21:37

RedKryptonite wrote:@lucidé
Damn,glad to see you've cut your connections with those religious extremists,they will only effect affect your life in negative ways. (How exactly do you sue someone for leaving your religion? :lol: )

The leader of that religion was a "lawyer", and some people in law school can be dishonest when it comes to law suits just to black mail a person into not leaving them. This was probably how he threatened other victims. While I don't believe necessarily all religions are bad, the groups which teach it which bully and victimize other people, especially the ones who cannot fight back are "bad". Because the government does have spy cameras everywhere, I would hope that they would put those cameras to good use and if they caught them and arrest the leaders for allowing bullying.
FYI I don't hate religion. I don't hate school or science. I don't like groups in either willing to discriminate against others just because they are different. Think of it like a club or something. I have no quarrel with any club as long as they don't discriminate against anyone because of race, disability, etc. If they do, the government needs to find a way to get involved because that's illegal.

I've cut my connections with my high school,though I didn't do it vocally and did it by letting time pass and being unavailable as much as I can. every time I encounter my old classmates,I simply politely interact with them as briefly as I can. (or if the interaction goes longer than I'd like,simply act cool and make up a reason to go)
Every time I get invitation to go to a party or school reunion,I pretend to accept the message but never actually go there. Thankfully over the years,the invitations have largely stopped coming. and I rarely ever come across my old classmates anymore.

I do the exact same thing when it comes to that middle school or that religion. I even avoid the church or going near I used to go to as if there are serial killers inside, because the memories of that place haunt me so much.


If you're really serious about self-defense,you should read the other articles related to your circumstances and needs (not ALL of them,there's just way too many of them,most of them probably not related to your problems),but I'll leave that decision up to you. again,just a friendly reminder. I wouldn't want you to accidentally go to jail over giving a bad guy what they deserve. (its happened to a lot of people,unfortunately)

Unfortunately, even if I were to protect myself in public, I'd probably go to prison. No matter what these days, the bad guys seem to often win.
Besides, I've gotten arrested and in law trouble before. One time I talked about a subject on another website before they didn't like, and they called the police on me just because they didn't like what I was talking about which was dream spying and dream meshing. I got banned from my own dream website by the host 11 years ago because I received too many complaints about it, but I did have a dream website.

I would love bullying and discrimination to be abolished from this world forever,but your idea by itself would be flawed. Primarily because the victim should still be required to present evidence of said bullying happening,which might not be so simple to acquire depending on the circumstances. (although the presence of modern smartphones will help greatly. Like if a group is harassing you,you can just pull out your smartphone and they will stop. if they try to physically stop the victim from getting their phones out,they've escalated from mere bullying to physical assault or even robbery.)

They tried to steal my purse back in middle school. They would often try to crowbar my locker open to steal it and the money I had inside. One time, some bullies called right when I became 13, saying they were going to break into my house and rob my house. My parents weren't home, so I put heavy furniture to barricade the doors, and got a sharp knife out of the drawer. There was pounding on doors with the bullies making insults at me, but eventually because I barricaded my doors, they didn't get in (I was pretty tough when I was able to put 500+ pounds of furniture to block each of the doors)



-Create a private home school system,one that could allow potential victims of bullying to learn under a competent teacher. (or teachers,if multiple are needed) to teach them not only the social skills needed to function in society,but also the other important subjects needed to function in society. They can do this either by themselves or in a small class from 5-15 (at least small enough to be easily observable to tell when bullying is going on. although this shouldn't happen too often because many students who will be attending this kind of school are going to be recent victims of bullying,and have the empathy not to inflict that kind of suffering on others.)

The problem with this is that some victims end up with more than just PTSD after getting bullied much like how I did, and a home school system will not help them. If a victim ends up with a permanent disability, be it physical or mental, that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives, this isn't just going to go away for them. They will have to live with stigma for the rest of their lives in many different ways, because whether you like it or not, stigma is very high against people with disabilities. I've had my share of problems since I've had issues with depression and mood issues me back in middle school, where almost no one will hire me because of this, some professors won't allow me in their class, and I've been still insulted numerous times by others. I can never live a normal life again, because the bullies back in middle school took my chance to live one away from me. It is too late to teach victims who end up with permanent mental disabilities, because society will never fully accept them anymore. Even worse is with some types of mental disabilities such as schizophrenia that can develop as a result of bullying, and if this disability ends up developing, the victim has a higher chance of retaliating against society in a very violent way, as schizophrenics have a 50% higher chance of committing violent crimes and a 10% higher chance of becoming serial killers. You cannot just teach a schizo to behave, it is usually up to their medications to help the with that, but the problem with medications is that they are becoming more and more expensive ($3,000 a container). Because of the stigma, they aren't getting hired, and so they cannot afford to take the medications they need. 40% of the mentally disabled end their own lives, which because of how bad the stigma is, I cannot blame them. Euthanasia needs to be a choice for them.

They can attend this school system until they are either socially competent enough to go back to regular school,or spend the rest of their school years there. Wanna know where I got this idea? the visual/fictional novel Grisaia no Kajitsu. The story takes place in "Mihama Academy",a school populated by 6 students(including the protagonist),who are all eccentrics in their own right(you can search it elsewhere if you're interested) while having a school populated by only 6 students is a tad extreme,this idea can be edited for practicality,but discussing it here in detail would make my already long message even longer. You can do the mental math.


The problem is if they become mentally ill, there isn't much taking them out of there can do to help them. Once I started having problems with mood episodes, then even when I wasn't around my bullies, I had severe problems with not only depression, but with controlling when I would become angry, sad, anxious, and other moods. Because I had problems controlling the intensity of those moods as I didn't know what was going on, there wasn't anything much I could do about it. If they are taken out before any permanent mental damage happens, then fine, but if they end up mentally ill, then the damage is already done, and the best you can hope to do is drop them out of school altogether, and take them up to psychiatry and a therapist weekly in hopes you can get the mental illness under control (which I wish they could have found out that was the case for me instead of saying over and over again I was a bad student, which I am sure the teachers do the same to the schizos)

-Teach potential victims effective self-defense ability. Simply put,no one is omnipresent and can always protect the victim. they have to learn how to protect themselves if they intend to go back to normal school. however,if said victim cannot defend themselves for some reason(physical or psychological disadvantages),their best choice is the private home school system I mentioned earlier.

Actually the government is omnipresent, they see things happen all the time. If the DNA of a family shows a possible disability is in the future, these are the kids that need to learn the martial arts the most, because trauma could cause a disability to happen at an early age.

-Parents/Couples should be required to take parenting training(and pass)before being allowed to reproduce or adopt. Many bad kids were developed because of incompetent parents and of course,abuse. I feel this implementation will result in the largest reduction of not only bullies,but dangerous/violent criminals in general. (I think this would be the best and most realistic implementation of all,but its still not perfect)

Some of the victims are the ones who become violent, if they develop schizophrenia or some other mental disability as a result of the bullying. But I agree about the parenting course. I get really tired of some of these parents bringing their toddlers into college/university classes, and expecting the rest of us to listen to their tantrums. What is worse than that is that they banned violence in the multimedia classes because of these stupid parents, and it makes me so upset. Violent multimedia was the way I would vent out my anger...which I would put the bullies into my drawings or my videos and do the most X rated violent things to them you can imagine. Another problem I have in my community and with some religions is that they encourage incompetent parenting. I know some people might find it okay that they allow the toddlers to throw tantrums during supposed to be silent moments, run around, smash food into the walls or draw on them, smash people's IPhones, rip apart bibles and song books, and they can steal people's food off their plates, but I find this disrespectful. This is what is encouraging the bullying, because the parents are not disciplining the toddlers, and the fact that society is not allowing certain forms of discipline like they used to is not helping decrease the amount of bullying.

Unfortunately,probably none of this is gonna happen anytime soon,even though it would save so many victims(of bullying AND violent crime) despite there still being flaws in my ideas,as some families are so poor that they won't be able to afford the private school system unless the government decides to make it free. (but then again,such families should have refrained from having children until they've fixed their financial problems. but that's a topic/problem for another day,and a good parenting program should address this). [/quote

It isn't just the poor family's kids that are bullying. See I used to look after kids, and one family's child, which the family was absolutely wealthy, was a bully even to the adults because he was spoiled and had to always get what he wanted. He often would run in front of cars, which I would always try to make sure that didn't happen, but then he'd kick me really hard in the knees and punch me in the breasts. So keep in mind it isn't always the poor that end up the bullies. The rich can end up being bullies as well.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
RedKryptonite
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 02:26

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby RedKryptonite » 24 Aug 2017 05:25

lucidé wrote:One time I talked about a subject on another website before they didn't like, and they called the police on me just because they didn't like what I was talking about which was dream spying and dream meshing. I got banned from my own dream website by the host 11 years ago because I received too many complaints about it, but I did have a dream website.

What the Fu...I got angry just reading that. Doesn't this violate our right to free speech!? :x
Well,I hope you've gotten away from such close-minded neighbors. I honestly don't understand how that could happen. I've seen blogs that discuss actual disturbing content but they don't get taken down.

lucidé wrote:Euthanasia needs to be a choice for them.

I agree with this. Euthanasia should be legal. No one likes to admit this,but some people are indeed damaged beyond repair and the most merciful thing we can do for them is to end their suffering. For some,life never gets better.

My idea is obviously not perfect(I don't think anything is,not with a subject/problem almost as complicated as the subject of violence itself,which is bullying) but it can at least save those who can still be helped and most importantly,it can be an effective way to prevent someone from being bullied in the first place. (Like if you're a parent and you notice that your child has habits/mannerisms that could get them ostracized in school,you can start them off with the private home school program. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,as they say.)

lucidé wrote:Actually the government is omnipresent, they see things happen all the time. If the DNA of a family shows a possible disability is in the future, these are the kids that need to learn the martial arts the most, because trauma could cause a disability to happen at an early age.

Lots of people have gotten away with what is considered to be "crime",including me(I've had quite a number of fist fights against bullies in school for instance,but I never got in trouble with the law and my record is squeaky clean. I know because I'm in the process of getting my visa,which of course involves looking at my record). it happens all the time,so that's not really true. However,I can see your point that if they see DNA that could cause an abnormality/eccentricity in the future of a newborn,they can at least take preventive action...well,if they bother to do it. which they don't at the moment. that's why we are discussing this and why the bullying problem is still so rampant.

Yes,several victims who have turned dangerous came from abusive backgrounds(I know because I used to be violent,caused by the bullying I experienced in school.) The point of the parenting program isn't just to reduce victims,but to reduce the number of bullies themselves (by teaching them early on that its wrong to hurt others for being different,followed by appropriate punishment if they refuse to listen) which results in an overall lessening of the bullying epidemic. If you get what I'm saying..

Yeah,violent media/entertainment don't create violent/bad people. excessive traumatic experiences and/or neglect is what does it. I'm just curious,but have you ever used lucid dreaming to torture bullies? I haven't really tried to deliberately do it,primarily because by the time I got into lucid dreaming,my anger and hatred has already subsided due to the years of peace. However,I've had several non-lucid dreams where I got into a fight again with the bully I spoke of. I always defeat him though,often in very brutal fashion. (I might actually post one of them later in the non-lucid section,lol) I can't recall a single dream where I lost to the bully. it seems my victory against him in real life has been deeply ingrained into my subconscious. :lol:

I despise people/parents like these,almost as much as the bullies themselves. again,refer to the article I posted here about "Fake Pacifists" (A real pacifist would understand that these entertainment mediums victimize no one,and that people need that kind of entertainment and that if they don't like it,all they have to do is not indulge in it,not take the away the rights of others to enjoy it)

To tell you the truth though,I honestly have no desire to ever have children. I plan to live the childfree lifestyle. I've been told several times by the few people I've told in real life that I will end up changing my mind,and maybe that is possible,but I just can't imagine it ever happening. I might get actively involved with Romance someday,but I don't plan to include children in the picture. I wouldn't be a good father anyway. I'm way too selfish and far too much of a clumsy airhead. :lol:

Oh btw,I'm well aware that bad kids don't just come from poor families. In fact,rich families are prone to having spoiled and self-entitled children. What I was referring to was that if my ideas were ever implemented in society,one of the few flaws it will have is that it will probably be too expensive for the poor families to afford (unless the government decides to make it free or really,really cheap,which seems even more unlikely than my idea becoming true to begin with) and so it cannot erase the bullying epidemic entirely,but at least it will reduce it.

lucidé wrote:Unfortunately, even if I were to protect myself in public, I'd probably go to prison. No matter what these days, the bad guys seem to often win.Besides, I've gotten arrested and in law trouble before.

Going back to this topic (I almost posted and forgot to address this),I would say reading Marc's articles should at least minimize the chances of you ending in prison should you find yourself in an incident. The people you will meet in prison might very well turn out to be even worse versions of the bullies you met in middle school,so its best to make an effort to minimize the chances of ever ending up there. I'll leave that decision up to you though. hopefully neither of us ever find ourselves in a violent incident ever again.

HunterClash
Posts: 132
Joined: 13 Jul 2017 12:27
Location: United States, Maryland

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby HunterClash » 24 Aug 2017 18:54

HOLY SHIT I'm shocked! I'm sorry for both of you!
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

User avatar
RedKryptonite
Posts: 123
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 02:26

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby RedKryptonite » 24 Aug 2017 20:53

HunterClash wrote:HOLY SHIT I'm shocked! I'm sorry for both of you!

Thanks for your concern,I hope you never have to go through what we did. (or anyone else for that matter,no one deserves to have years of their life wasted by bullies)

lucidé got the worst of it though. I will always have my quirks,but with time,good casual friends,and my "happy PTSD" (sorry if that sounds disturbing,I'm just got glad I got the chance to unleash myself on my worst bully. I would say this is the biggest reason why I was able to recover,and had I not fought back on that critical moment,I may very well have ended up with the classic PTSD just like lucidé.),I was able to largely recover from my past and live a happy(though not perfect)life now.

I hope lucidé manages to find true peace and happiness in her life someday,she deserves it after all the shit life threw at her.

HunterClash
Posts: 132
Joined: 13 Jul 2017 12:27
Location: United States, Maryland

Re: Can lucid dreams be used to cure mental illnesses and heal a damaged psyche?

Postby HunterClash » 24 Aug 2017 20:56

RedKryptonite wrote:
HunterClash wrote:HOLY SHIT I'm shocked! I'm sorry for both of you!

Thanks for your concern,I hope you never have to go through what we did. (or anyone else for that matter,no one deserves to have years of their life wasted by bullies)

lucidé got the worst of it though. I will always have my quirks,but with time,good casual friends,and my "happy PTSD" (sorry if that sounds disturbing,I'm just got glad I got the chance to unleash myself on my worst bully. I would say this is the biggest reason why I was able to recover,and had I not fought back on that critical moment,I may very well have ended up with the classic PTSD just like lucidé.),I was able to largely recover from my past and live a happy(though not perfect)life now.

I hope lucidé manages to find true peace and happiness in her life someday,she deserves it after all the shit life threw at her.
its great that noone is suicidal. thats the best thing to know.
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool


Return to “Dream Science”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest