What if the Dream World is a...

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
mmogofifa

King a case that Buy RS 2007 Gold

Postby mmogofifa » 15 Nov 2017 02:23

King a case that "Buy RS 2007 Gold" he's thebest point guard Calipari has ever coached think about that and pretty much everyone agrees he's likely to be a first-round NBA Draft pick. It's Tyler Ulis' world right now.2. SG Buddy Hield, OklahomaIt's amazing to think Hield never shot better than 38 percent from three-point range before this year. It's not like he came

out of nowhere he was Big 12 Player of the Year as a junior! -- but it's a testament to his incredible work ethic that he's improved his game so much as a senior.He's averaged 25 points per game and 46 percent shooting from deep on 8.6 attempts per game, a true shooting percentage of 66.2. No, he's not Steph Curry, but he's the closest thing the college

game has to him.Valentine Michigan StateYou realize no player in the history of college basketball has ever put up the numbers Valentine is posting right now, yes? His incredible stat line -- 19.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 7.6 assists -- doesn't even begin to capture his impact for the Spartans.Give Tom Izzo thebest player in the country and it's no wonder

Michigan State iseveryone's pick to win it all.Kristaps Porzingis "Cheap RS 2007 Gold" buries a shot from the Oracle tunnel like he's Steph Curry Rookie sensation Kristaps Porzingis just keeps adding to his legend. He's already themaster of putback dunks. On Tuesday, he went into Oracle Arena ... did the Stephen Curry shot from the tunnel ... and of course, he made it

Come to https://www.rsgole.com/ buy Cheap RS 2007 !

Summerlander

Re: What if the Dream World is a...

Postby Summerlander » 15 Nov 2017 03:49

Marix wrote:I see your points. But lucid dreaming and dreaming can hardly be regarded as the same. When you constitute characters and kill them in a lucid dream, you are in charge of your world and of course no one will be harmed in real life. When you have a normal dream though, you cannot decide what happens and you believe it to be real at the time. Can you feel pain in dreams? Because to me every emotion including pain is real when I am dreaming.

Ok, this is going to be a mouthful, but it might be worth it ... :mrgreen:

The percepts are real in the sense that they make their appearance in consciousness. All types of perception---waking life, hallucinations and dreams---have a subjective reality (otherwise perception wouldn't be). But we must learn to differentiate between perception generated by sensory input that tells us something about the objective world and perception elaborately defined by secondhand, and somewhat scrambled, neuronal data.

In the former, your subjectivity reveals a satisfactory picture of the external world of objects; in the latter, the subjective takes a fictional route where perception becomes an expression of subconscious schemas and retained information. The illusory worlds in dreams have no objective reality---in this sense we may say what is perceived isn't real---even if such experiences emulate the ones constrained by the act of sensing objective reality itself. :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Re: What if the Dream World is a...

Postby lucidé » 19 Nov 2017 06:41

Marix wrote:I see your points. But lucid dreaming and dreaming can hardly be regarded as the same. When you constitute characters and kill them in a lucid dream, you are in charge of your world and of course no one will be harmed in real life. When you have a normal dream though, you cannot decide what happens and you believe it to be real at the time. Can you feel pain in dreams? Because to me every emotion including pain is real when I am dreaming.

Not quite.
When I first started lucid dreaming as a child, I wasn't able to control my dreams at first just because I was way too young and experienced to know how to control them. Even though I wasn't able to control them at age 3, I still understood they weren't real.
Even in my lucid dreams back then and now, I feel emotions like I would in real life. Often I am allowed to feel them even more in lucid dreams, because expressing emotions or how you often really feel about something in real life is grounds for great criticism and harsh bullying.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Dream Science”