Beginner trying to get out of a rut.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
LucidCat

Beginner trying to get out of a rut.

Postby LucidCat » 18 Jan 2018 11:29

Hello everybody!

The past two months I (female, 24 years old) have been into learning how to lucid dream after watching an inspiring video about this subject.
The process of doing so is really fun to me as it motivates me to do things that are good for myself, no matter if they lead to a lucid dream or not. Writing a dream journal is fun to me and really revealing, and it has been nice to see how my dream recall skills improve. The meditation and exercising make me feel more balanced. The reality checks though... cause me some headache because I forget to do them all the time.

And the past two weeks were kind of... meh. I've been stressed because of work and as a result I got into a rut - almost no dream recalls, no meditating (which is exactly the thing I should be doing actually) Has anybody experienced this - that they lose track because there are thousands of other things on their mind? How do you get yourself back in the right direction?

Back to the positive: I actually went lucid twice already within those two months. They were short episodes but I feel stoked about them anyway. Both times I went to sleep again after I woke up in the morning.

The first time I was in the bathroom, and on one of the shelves I discovered a glass cat figure (which I possess in real life, I sometimes use it to get my mind calmed down for meditation by simply staring at it. And with time I've mentally connected this cat figure more and more to lucid dreaming - so... I call it the Lucid Cat). When I saw Lucid Cat in the dream I remembered that I'm trying to learn how to get lucid in a dream - and I found it peculiar that Lucid Cat was standing in the bathroom because I didn't remember putting it there. At this point the dream started to get a little hazy, unfortunaly. I did a reality check by trying to push my finger through my palm and my hand went straight through it. When realizing I was dreaming, the dream completely faded away and I woke up. I guess I got a little too excited.

The second time I think I had unintentionally gone WILD. I was in bed and accidentally entered sleep paralysis (but it wasn't scary for me, more relaxing)... and I was observing the hynogogia which got more and more colorful and beautiful and suddenly I felt I was drawn into the hypnogogia and moments later I found myself standing in front of my parents house. I still remembered that seconds ago I was in bed falling asleep, so I knew without having to check that I was dreaming. Everything looked very clear this time. A character that I know from a tv-series went past me and entered the house, and my dream body followed him - I couldn't control any of it. And then the dream faded again and I woke up.

Anyway - I signed up here in order to get out my rut and to learn more from your experiences.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

Dreaming Life

Re: Beginner trying to get out of a rut.

Postby Dreaming Life » 22 Jan 2018 00:58

Hi there. I used to be very frightened of sleep paralysis, but now I kind of relish it. If I just go with it, sink deeper rather than try to break free, I have some awesome experiences!

naturespirit

Postby naturespirit » 23 Jan 2018 04:14

Welcome LucidCat! Have a great time :D
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

Earn Points!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19752

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 24 Jan 2018 20:35

Dreaming Life wrote:Hi there. I used to be very frightened of sleep paralysis, but now I kind of relish it. If I just go with it, sink deeper rather than try to break free, I have some awesome experiences!

I used to hate sleep paralysis when it happens right when waking up. That hasn't happened for a long time though. I'm kind of good at making myself fall into sleep paralysis though - and then it's okay because I still feel I have it under control. The sinking deeper part is a little difficult though - do you reckon that is because of my urge to control it?
Well... I guess WILD is maybe the wrong approach for a beginner anyway.
Last edited by LucidCat on 24 Jan 2018 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 24 Jan 2018 20:36

naturespirit wrote:Welcome LucidCat! Have a great time :D

Thank you very much!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”