Nice to meet you all!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
caufenkamp

Nice to meet you all!

Postby caufenkamp » 24 Aug 2013 07:07

Hello. To start out my name is Coby. Ive been obsessed with dreaming for as long as i can remember. For the past couple years i have been very interested in Lucid Dreaming and have been trying to teach myself. Its been a long process with many failed attempts and even some successful ones as well. Ive only had a couple real lucid dreams, but it seems like during the dream on occasions ill forget that i am dreaming and snap back to the dream itself. Its been a rough road but very exciting.

For as long as i can remember i have almost always remembered each and every nights dream. That being said, during the day i seem to forget what it was about. Due to that reason alone, if it is an exciting dream that i absolutely love, i will write it down in a dream journal. Due to my rush in writing it down i tend to get very messy in the writing itself though. xD.

To start of on this journey with you all i will tell you of the most recent lucid dream available to my memory.

I was younger, back in the days i was in high school. We were on a trip to Washington DC to see a Shakespearean play that we were all looking forward to. During the time i was still in my dream state, i remember being very confused as to why i was there. While some friends and myself were on our way to our seats i suddenly realized that i was dreaming. How did i find this out you ask? By asking myself where i was before any of this happened. I than remembered i was in bed with my wife. So knowing full well that i was dreaming i followed these friends of mine to the auditorium. When we arrived there i stopped time and turned the room completely white and removed everything and everyone i did not fully know or recognize. Im still not sure as to why i had the room turn white. I than walked around the seats of the remaining people and called out there names identifying to myself who they all were. I started changing certain accessories or color of clothing on them to prove to myself that this was indeed a dream. During this time though none of my old classmates moved, talked, or showed any emotion of any kind. Im still not sure as to why this was. Eventually one of my friends face starting morphing and becoming hazy. I suddenly woke up remembering everything i just went though and was very excited.

That the most recent one i can think of! Any explanations or critiques of any kind are welcomed and im looking forward to getting to know you all :)

HAGART

Re: Nice to meet you all!

Postby HAGART » 26 Aug 2013 03:34

I read your opening story and I want to say to all the other introductions... if I didn't reply or didn't read, it's not because I am uninterested, but it's impossible to keep up. See you guys soon in the forum chat I hope.

Now on to you, caufenkamp, (who I clicked on because it was first.... but I liked it).

caufenkamp wrote:ill forget that i am dreaming and snap back to the dream itself

It happens to the best of us. You can get entranced in something and get carried away again. You gotta remind yourself that you are dreaming and even I need to keep that in mind and lose lucidity sometimes myself.

And some days I lucid dream at ease and other days it eludes me and I don't know why. But it's natural.

We're all in the same boat! That's why we're here.

And this goes out to all new-comers to this web-site-forum.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”