Hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Clair

Hello

Postby Clair » 30 Aug 2013 05:35

Hi everyone. My name is Clair. I've never used an online forum before, so I'm excited to give it a whirl. I've had very vivid dreams my whole life and recently, in describing an experience to a friend, learned that I am able to have lucid dreams. It was about two years ago that I learned this but I'm sure the ability has been there longer, I just wasn't able to define it.

I like to use my dreams to answer questions and sort out problems that I'm having in my "real" life. I enjoy interpreting my dreams and usually remember them every night. In the past, I've had very strong de ja vu based on things I'd dreamt about. This phenomenon is also very interesting to me.

Currently, I'd like to use lucid dreaming to push past my fear (in "real" life.) In my most recent dreams, I wake myself up because I am afraid. I'd like to train myself to stay asleep and just go somewhere new in the dream. I've done this in the past on a few occasions, but something has me stuck.

I'm looking forward to reading about other people's experiences and techniques.

Sweet dreams :)

tea

Re: Hello

Postby tea » 30 Aug 2013 12:40

hi clair! i'm not a forum user either, but this one just convinced me to register :)

what have been your experiences so far? can you remember what your reasons were, to become lucid?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Clair

Postby Clair » 28 Aug 2014 06:19

Hi Tea,

It's been a while since I've been on here... A good friend of mine told me about lucid dreaming about 2-3 years ago when I was describing to him what I thought was an out of body experience. I was going through a crazy time in my life and was having vivid, emotional dreams several nights a week and trouble sleeping other times. The more I read about sleep and LD the more comfortable I got and the easier I slept. I've learned to practice reality checks and use them effectively in dreams. Reading (or trying to read) letters and numbers works the best for me.

How about yourself? What brought you to this forum?

~Sweet Dreams~

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Aug 2014 17:03

That was weird and I had to do a reality check. I was reading the date of your reply and I assumed you had just joined recently and time traveled from two days ago to write that reply! (Then I read the year). It goes to show how easily fooled I can be when awake not even realizing what day it is today! No wonder why we get fooled in dreams all the time too making quick, snap assumptions all the time.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”