\o.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Number Six

\o.

Postby Number Six » 30 Sep 2013 14:35

Hi \o.

My name is Dave. 27, from Ireland.

I've had a pretty strong link with my imagination all my life. I remember dreams from when I was five or six years but I stopped becoming lucid at an equally young age (let's blame school ;o ) and ended up having nightmares for most of my teenage life. Shortly after that, I delved into the world of drug addiction for six years and dreaming went out the window. I didn't remember anything, ever. Nada, Zilch. Big ol' nothing.

Then A few years ago I saw something about lucid dreaming that reminded me of my childhood and I got interested in it again. My drug addiction sort of held me back, a lot, and it was only after I cut it out completely (due to illness, so don't pat my pack too hard) that I actually started making progress. I quit everything (even cigarettes and cananerbiz ^_^), went on to a raw organic diet, exercising every day and got out of the bad habit of being a useless waster, and my progress improved a lot. It's one of the main reasons I was able to stay off drugs actually, considering everyone I live with are ardent addicts themselves.

My dream recall went from a few scrawly, incoherent sentences to multiple pages of crap with feelings, details, plot lines and characters. I started getting reams of dream signs as well (though that is actually more recent, the last week or so in particular...takes a while to notice the pattern haha) and I achieved 100% lucidity for the first time a few months back...ofcourse this lasted all of ten seconds before my filthy little mind turned to sex and I woke up.

Since then, I've moved into my own room (was sleeping with my ex for several months, who snores, tosses and turns and generally made me want to foot punch them every time I got comfy) and within the first two nights I had four intense experiences...one of which scared me because I opened my eyes (was sleeping with blind fold due to no curtains and street light) and my bedroom door was open. It never occurred to me that I shouldn't be able to see my bedroom door at all.

With the exception of my filthy mind dream, I seem to get to the OBE phase from a waking state with much more success than anything else, though I've not had enough practice to get up and explore...body paralysis, vibrations, train wreck noises, people (or myself o.O) talking to me as if they are in my ear and being able to see through my eyelids/blindfold are as far as I've gotten so far.

Anyway, I only moved rooms last week and things were quite stressful, so I'm presuming this week will be the opposite (cause that's how things work, amirite?) and I really want to improve my ability to consciously dream, so I signed up here for a bit of encouragement.

I'm most interested in...what is it called? WILD? You know, that method where you just lie down and then voilà, you're out and about. Like I said, I have had success with it in the early hours of the morning but I'd rather refine and perfect it so I can do it as I'm falling asleep. I've heard that is quite difficult as before bed is the worst time for it, but God loves a trier...I hope.

So yes. Here I am. Again, hi \o.

Nice to meet you, random readers. 8-)

AceOfSpades

Re: \o.

Postby AceOfSpades » 01 Oct 2013 01:50

YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER, YOU'RE A FREE MAN!!! Sorry I had to say that line.

tea

Postby tea » 01 Oct 2013 09:18

i'm very impressed by your progress, will and honesty! impressed and happy!

yes, what you described should be WILD (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html) but -and i guess you know that- it's not just like: lay down and pop! there is a little more to it...

have you checked out the non-forum part of the website? there are a lot of helpful articles!

also, i gotta do some external promotion here, sorry, these videos can help a lot too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV4vEDPkB0
the actual reason why i'm doing that is this particular video, which could suit you pretty well right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6QLt5dZTQ
(but don't get stuck too much on what he says, it's just a great help!)

in the end it's all up to how you feel it, and i'm sure you'll do great!

would you mind telling us (me?) with what kind of drugs you had your problems with? (besides cigs and mj of course)

again, awesome!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Number Six

Postby Number Six » 02 Oct 2013 09:44

AceOfSpades wrote:YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER, YOU'RE A FREE MAN!!! Sorry I had to say that line.

I can assure you I am a number! I personally put number five in the ground and seven is busy making movies about his less than secret service. I'm the odd one out...but Bert loves me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfY6kapyBY so 'tis all gouuuuud.

tea wrote:i'm very impressed by your progress, will and honesty! impressed and happy!

yes, what you described should be WILD (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html) but -and i guess you know that- it's not just like: lay down and pop! there is a little more to it...

have you checked out the non-forum part of the website? there are a lot of helpful articles!

I've only read through it once...and it was maybe a year ago before I really started putting things into practice. I will get comfy and read it again today :D

also, i gotta do some external promotion here, sorry, these videos can help a lot too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV4vEDPkB0
the actual reason why i'm doing that is this particular video, which could suit you pretty well right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6QLt5dZTQ
(but don't get stuck too much on what he says, it's just a great help!)

in the end it's all up to how you feel it, and i'm sure you'll do great!

Oh dear dear :< a whole new channel on lucidity...farewell Wednesday afternoon.

would you mind telling us (me?) with what kind of drugs you had your problems with? (besides cigs and mj of course)

again, awesome!

Besides the cigs and mj (personally both of these played havoc with my sleep) my biggest problem was stimulants, especially MDMA and barbituates because it was like jelly baby sex to me. Raves + pills = ^_^ as you wave farewell to your soul, little by little.

Shrooms/acid/dmt/opium/salvia/ketamine didn't really affect it too badly - in fact in some cases they improved my dreaming considerably...not so much the opium, but definitely mushrooms. I've actually still got some unnamed pink and blue powder up stairs that we only know as 'dream dust' because a chemist friend cooked it up especially. I decided to eat some cold turkey before trying it, so I've no idea what it actually does.

Coke and speed...well I live in Ireland...we're not known for our high quality class A superstar gangsta blow, so I only used them when they appeared. I was a low class snorter...plant food meph through a dirty fiver off the floor with the dust bunnies was the point where I sort off realized "...probably more to life than this, tbh."

Funnily, not a big drinker. I'm such a bad Irishman. I do it all backwurdz. :ugeek:

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Oct 2013 05:00

Wish you success with WILD, but would strongly recommend not wasting your time trying to do it before 5 hours sleep. It really requires a lot of effort and that effort is best spent where you have the most chance of succeeding. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Introduce Yourself”