New to lucid dreaming

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
MariaJD

New to lucid dreaming

Postby MariaJD » 13 Oct 2013 12:49

Hi, I have wanted to try lucid dreaming for some time, and now i have the time on my hand to get into it. I have had some experience with it when i was younger but i did not realise what it was then and it made me very scared and i thought of it as some sort of a panic attac or something causing this out-of-body experience. I have a question, i wonder if smoking pot reduces my ability to lucid dreaming, my only experience with it was at a time when i had stoped smoking. When i dont do it my dreams are much easier to remember but at the same time very chaotic and disturbing. If anyone have any experience with this i would be very happy to hear your thoughts on the subject. Right now i am aslo not smoking, and have not done so for a week. Last night i tried to have a lucid dream, and when i was lying there i started get the sensation of my heavybody and started to feel disconnected from it but the very sensation of this working made me so exited my heart started beating very fast and my own exitment brought my consiusness back into my body:(

LucidLink

Re: New to lucid dreaming

Postby LucidLink » 13 Oct 2013 13:00

Hi, when it comes to smoking marijuana and lucid dreaming, there is no better expert on this forums then me!

The truth is, marijuana actually HELPS you lucid dream!

What happens is you go to bed, and the first half of your night is a deep dreamless sleep. But then after 4-5 hours, the effects wear off and you actually go into what's called REM rebound!

This gives you MORE vivid dreams then normal for the second half of the night!
I smoke every day, and I smoke a lot.

I lucid dream every night because of it!

It's great! Although, I did just recently quit, and now my dreams are less vivid are more plain. So marjiuana actually induces vivid lucid dreams through REM rebound.

This is all from A LOT of personal experience too, so trust me I know haha.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

MariaJD

Postby MariaJD » 13 Oct 2013 14:44

Thats very very good! Thank you so much for the reply!

tea

Postby tea » 14 Oct 2013 09:00

guys, please let me remind you that everybody is different.

my experiences have shown me that weed usually tends to supress dreams (or dream-memory) in general. in fact, i know only one person (of many) who remembers their dreams while reguarly smoking pot.

so maria, no, weed will not reduce your ability to lucid dream - but it can reduce dreaming in general (which means no LD either). you'll have to find out for yourself.

how is your dream life? do you remember your dreams?
if you do: awesome! in this case doing mj will most certainly help you, i'm pretty sure about that :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 14 Oct 2013 17:22

guys, please let me remind you that everybody is different.

tea you are doing a great job. I am very pleased that we have a person like you on the website. :)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 14 Oct 2013 20:45

tea wrote:guys, please let me remind you that everybody is different.

my experiences have shown me that weed usually tends to supress dreams (or dream-memory) in general. in fact, i know only one person (of many) who remembers their dreams while reguarly smoking pot.

so maria, no, weed will not reduce your ability to lucid dream - but it can reduce dreaming in general (which means no LD either). you'll have to find out for yourself.

how is your dream life? do you remember your dreams?
if you do: awesome! in this case doing mj will most certainly help you, i'm pretty sure about that :)

Yes I agree with this, and I meant to actually write a second post to clarify a bit more. I'm surprised I forgot, but, I will agree that it can suppress dream memory in general.

But, with the right mindset and will, the suppression of dreams is negligible. So it does very much come down to the person, me, I am determined to lucid dream, and I refuse to let my dream recall fail, so although it's a little harder, once you do remember the marijuana induced dreams, their more vivid then normal I feel, albeit harder to remember!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “Introduce Yourself”