Hello everybody !

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Hello everybody !

Postby butter » 09 Nov 2013 10:29

From very child hood i've pondered over: Why don't i ever realize in a dream that i'm dreaming?
Once i remember that i've wondered this in a dream, i'd pinched myself (i didn't know of RCS) thinking if i was sleeping i'd wake up ... but nothing happened so i thought this was reality and continued rest of the dream.

A few months ago i started to look this up on the net and found out that it is actually possible.This interested me very much and i wanted to have a lucid dream.I asked questions about this on Q-A sites but without help. Then I found this wonderful forum where people shared on this topic lucid dreaming.... Thanks very much to those who are running this site. :)

I'm 16 and have never had a LD, so i wish very much to have one.I tried out WILD but some reason i can't do it... so i've started doing reality checks and trying to develop a habit ... has anyone got an LD purely focusing on reality cheks? Bcoz in my dreams i don't remember to do anything and lose all my logic power.
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

Re: Hello everybody !

Postby tea » 09 Nov 2013 20:51

hi again, funnyname! :D

i think it's awesome that you found your way here.
first off: for most people WILD is a little hard to begin with.
and, yes of course. doing only RCs can be enough. after all, it depends on yourself - some people don't do anything at all.
for how long have you been doing the checks? because it may take a while until you also do it in dreams.

don't worry, i'm sure you'll have your first lucid dream soon enough! ;)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Re: Hello everybody !

Postby HAGART » 10 Nov 2013 03:14

Who doesn't like butter?

I pinched myself once in a lucid dream and I felt it. I was already lucid, but I just wanted to do it to prove a point. "Pinch me, I must be dreaming", is a catchy phrase, but it doesn't always work. I felt it and didn't wake up.

For me, I have had many lucid dreams, but very rarely have they been a result of reality checks. Even a few times I have done a reality check in a dream and it didn't work and I continued on without becoming lucid. It certainly doesn't mean it's a waste of time, but for this lucid dreamer it doesn't work for me, personally.

I usually notice something odd that reminds me of my dreams and that's what's known as 'Spotting Dream Signs'. I developed this through a vivid dream recall, which is increased by dream journaling. Those are DILDs and I hardly ever WILD unless by accident and can't help with that. I still just let luck run its course and I happen to have a propensity to lucid dream. I'm trying to figure out why and how I'm different some days than others.

Anyway, I love butter.... especially on toast!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”