Hi!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
WishUponAStar

Hi!

Postby WishUponAStar » 10 Nov 2013 14:20

So, basically, I've read a lot about lucid dreaming. I've been working on it now for a couple of days, and currently have done about 10 reality checks and written down 3 or 4 dreams. A few things that are bothering me though, are,

-I'm young, (13) and share a room with my mother, which means I have to keep my alarm at almost muted laying next to my ear so that she doesn't hear it. But unfortunately, neither have I.

-My problem is, how do you control yourself in your dream, or even realize that you are dreaming? I don't mean reality checks. For some reason, I'm there, and can see through my eyes, but it's like I'm being controlled by someone else. I would find it pretty hard to do a reality check even if I tried.

I want to be able to live in my own world when I'm asleep, because reality, for me, sucks. I also need visuals for a book I'm writing, and lastly, I have quite a few scenarios in my head that I've wanted to live out for a long time now. Thanks!

lucidinthe sky

Re: Hi!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Nov 2013 18:49

WishUponAStar wrote:So, basically, I've read a lot about lucid dreaming. I've been working on it now for a couple of days, and currently have done about 10 reality checks and written down 3 or 4 dreams. A few things that are bothering me though, are,

-I'm young, (13) and share a room with my mother, which means I have to keep my alarm at almost muted laying next to my ear so that she doesn't hear it. But unfortunately, neither have I.

-My problem is, how do you control yourself in your dream, or even realize that you are dreaming? I don't mean reality checks. For some reason, I'm there, and can see through my eyes, but it's like I'm being controlled by someone else. I would find it pretty hard to do a reality check even if I tried.

I want to be able to live in my own world when I'm asleep, because reality, for me, sucks. I also need visuals for a book I'm writing, and lastly, I have quite a few scenarios in my head that I've wanted to live out for a long time now. Thanks!

Welcome to the group! When I woke up this morning there was a fortune from a fortune cookie on the floor. It must have been old because it's been a long time since there were fortune cookies in the house. I picked it up and read it:

"Wish upon the next star you see for luck the next day."

My next stop was the forum and there's your name at the top! I love when those kinds of things happen.

Back to your questions. It takes some practice to realize that you're dreaming and isn't easy for most people. Be patient, it may take weeks or possibly months. Controlling the dream is a separate issue and it's best to focus first on achieving lucidity and stabilizing the dream first. Dream control is more advanced and not necessary to have really incredible experience. I have completely amazing lucid dreams that are 100% as real as waking life, real right down to the touch. So much so that I can't even believe it while it's happening. And even if you can't control the scenes, it's fun to be surprised, you never know where you are going to end up. Controlling your own actions is much easier than controlling the dream scene which I've rarely done after 2 years.

What makes it difficult is that dreams are so much like waking life, more than you can conceive. You need reality checks because it's really impossible to tell, I can't even tell after I know for sure. But at some point you will do a reality check and realize your dreaming, then it will be like a light turns on. Just be patient and keep working on it. Good luck and welcome.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

WishUponAStar

Postby WishUponAStar » 10 Nov 2013 20:13

Thanks, lucidinthe sky.

I solved the alarm problem. I got a free app that can play the alarm ONLY in headphones, which I will wear at night so I don't wake anyone. The reality checks, I have an alarm for those too, I'm trying to make a habit of those every hour or every time I see something weird.

And the fortune cookie, that's cool!

WishUponAStar

Postby WishUponAStar » 11 Nov 2013 01:37

Also, I just read/heard about sleep parylisis, which is apparently a good way to lucid dream, but I'm terrified because I imagine alot of ghosts like Grudge and Scream coming for me. Any ideas?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”