New Member with lots of questions!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
yours4everblue

New Member with lots of questions!

Postby yours4everblue » 04 Dec 2013 23:00

Hi everyone

I never knew there was a whole forum for lucid dreamers... up until now it's been my 'party trick' to wow friends when they're stoned. I never realised it was an actual 'goal' until a couple of years ago.

I've been lucid dreaming since I was really, really young. The first lucid dream I had was when I was about 3 or 4, and I came downstairs to find my parents watching a TV show with a giant cartoon fish on the screen. I remembered then that I had already had this dream, so I asked my mum why I was having it again. She said that you only get a limited number of dreams, so I had gone back to one of my earlier dreams... it's so hard to explain this, and I was only little! Anyway, I felt a bit disappointed in my dream, knowing that I was just going to dream the same things over and over again. Then it gets really fuzzy (this is not only the memory of one of my first dreams, it's probably one of my first memories), but I started flying down the stairs. I didn't like the feeling, so I fell and jolted myself awake.

My 2nd lucid dream, which I feel is the real genesis of the whole thing, was when I was about seven. I was being chased by a mummy (silly, but I was again only a kid). I was utterly terrified, to the point of tears, when suddenly I realised that I could control the situation. It wasn't necessarily realising that I could dream, it was just that I knew I was in control. So I turned around to the mummy and said 'but you're not a mummy, you're my grandma!'- and then the mummy morphed into my grandma and she sat on the couch with me and gave me a cuddle until I calmed down and woke up.

I'm really interested to know how people lucid dream, and how far they can go in their dreams.

Uh, hi again and thanks for reading my rambling :3 Look forward to chatting with you all!

Oh and I totally realise how misleading this thread is because I haven't actually asked any questions (d'oh), but I'm wanting to have a good browse and see if anything's been answered first :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”